Environmental Health & Safety Specialist
Our client is a global leader in the consumer packaged goods (CPG) industry' We manufacture and market, the #1 brand in its category and the most recognized in the world.
We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package. Come grow with us.
This role is on-site at our Manufacturing Plant in Indianapolis, Indiana.
The EH&S Specialist will provide support to the EHS Manager and site leadership to assist in the development, review, revision, and implementation of companywide occupational safety programs along with applicable trainings within one or more plants and/or departments. The EHS Specialist will be responsible for the inspection and evaluation of the environment, equipment and processes in working areas to ensure compliance with safety regulations and industry standards, maintain a compliant injury reporting and recording process as well as the generation of and proper retention of all EHS related documentation. The main goal of the EHS Specialist is to protect the employees, customers and the environment while promoting a professional, collaborative and safety culture-enhancing presence fostered by a ‘Lead by Example' mindset.
Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Maintains environment, health and safety objectives, targets, legal, management programs and control procedures to ensure compliance with regulations.
- Reviews, implements and maintains required Environment and Health and Safety policies and procedures by managing them to meet requirements.
- Fosters new ideas, suggests resources and solutions to improve the safety program as well as reduce the environmental footprint of the facility.
- Documents and maintains all EHS records and statistics/KPIs.
- Stays current with all regulated safety training.
- Actively participates in the design, development, and delivery/administration of (or assistance of others in delivering, as needed) EHS training (instructor-led and/or online) to all existing and newly hired employees.
- Provides EHS technical expertise and guidance to employees, committees and teams.
- Partners with employees to address EHS concerns.
- Is capable of facilitating and sponsoring employee led teams that solve problems and lead the company toward world class safety.
- Promotes a safe working environment by coordinating or conducting plant inspections and reporting statistics.
- Actively participates in incident investigations, Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and Corrective Actions and Preventative Actions (CAPA) processes.
- Completion of Job Hazard Analysis (JHA) and Job Safety Observations (JSOs) as needed.
- Development, implementation and maintenance of the LOTO Program.
- Bachelor's degree (B. S.) preferably in Safety, Industrial Engineering or related scientific field; plus 2-5 years of related experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of EHS experience in a manufacturing setting, preferably food, with emphasis in line driven safety and process safety management