The Company is looking for an Environmental Health & Safety Manager that will be responsible for administering, progressively developing, and delivering processes and procedures that drive safe operating practices across the entire Company. A successful individual will be confident, motivated, and task oriented, with a deep caring for the safety and wellbeing of all the Company's associates.
The Company's mission is to be irresistible to its customers, employees, and community. In fulfilling this mission, the Company highly values employee engagement and strives to promote a culture of team and individual success, while maintaining a healthy work-life balance. This role contributes to this mission by leading the cultivation of a productive, healthy, and incident free workplace. This will be accomplished by establishing and promoting safety policies, leading the safety training for associates, and coordinating with executives, managers, and associates to perform work in accordance with procedures and in compliance with regulatory health, safety and environmental laws and industry standards.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Accident and Incident Prevention
- Plan, implement, and oversee programs to reduce or eliminate occupational injuries, illnesses, deaths and regulatory risk.
- Responsible for the oversight and reporting of environmental, health and safety performance metrics; including the evaluation of key performance indicators to safety performance improvements.
- Regularly inspect the facility to detect existing or potential hazards and/or regulatory issues, determine corrective or preventative measures where indicated, and follow-up to ensure measures have been implemented.
- Develop and present improvement opportunities to top management and drives activities to implement change.
- Advocate a safe work environment and seek employee feedback and participation in safety related issues.
- Stop operations and activities that could harm associates or equipment
- Develop, coordinate, and deliver comprehensive safety training for all associates on applicable safety standards, to reduce incidents and ensure compliance with annual OSHA required safety training through a combination of in-person and online programs.
- Participate in new associate onboarding to ensure all new associates are thoroughly trained on safety policies and procedures prior to beginning work.
- Maintain documentation as required by OSHA or other regulatory bodies of training completion.
- Develop and deliver new equipment familiarization, operation, refresher, and remediation training.
- Perform ad-hoc training as needed, in a one-on-one, small group, or classroom setting.
Accident and Incident Investigations
- Ensure accident and incident reports are completed and reviewed for accuracy and clarity.
- Manage incident reporting and investigation processes to determine root cause and implementation of corrective actions for preventing recurrence of similar incidents.
- Participate in the administration of workers compensation claims management for workplace accidents/injuries.
Compliance and Reporting
Skills, Qualifications, Education and/or Relevant Experience
- Ensure all safety manuals, programs, policies and practices are current and meet the needs of the manufacturing operations and regulatory requirements.
- Ensures completion of required OSHA recordkeeping and reporting.
- Ensure Company compliance with all federal, state, and local safety laws, regulations, codes, and rules.
- Coordinate with all third-party providers and consultants used as part of the Company's safety programs.
- Four-year Bachelors degree.
- 5+ years of environmental, health and safety experience in a warehousing/distribution, manufacturing, or transportation operation.
- Extensive knowledge of safety policies/procedures and applicable OSHA standards.
- Attained or working toward a Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or similar certification.
- Bachelor's Degree in Safety, industrial hygiene, safety management, environmental science, occupational health or other related field.
- Ability to drive the safety program and engage associates within all levels of the organization.
- Ability to train, coach, and mentor others.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to work independently and collaboratively