Director, Oncology Drug Discovery
Location: Cambridge, MA
We are a Cambridge-based VC-backed stealth biotech focused on discovering and developing the next generation of small molecule precision medicines. We are advancing drug discovery programs based on a platform that combines insights in cancer genomics, structural biophysics and chemical biology. Our lead programs target novel and differentiated mechanisms for pathways comprising the heartland of cancer research, and we are developing our platform to establish a robust target discovery engine.
We are seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic scientific leader with expertise in cancer biology and translational research to advance unique anti-cancer compounds to the clinic for the treatment of biomarker-based patient populations. The candidate will lead a franchise of drug discovery programs and define strategy to identify differentiated development candidates. The role will involve significant interaction and collaboration across functions within the company and with external partners.
This position offers the opportunity to contribute to both drug discovery and clinical projects in an innovative and fast-paced team environment with tremendous growth opportunities. Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead cross-functional drug discovery teams from hit-to-lead optimization to candidate selection, IND filing and clinical introduction
- Support translational research for clinical stage oncology programs
- Management of scientists performing cell biology and in vivo pharmacology studies
- Develop relationships with key opinion leaders, including establishing preclinical and clinical research collaborations
- Establish and maintain scientific presence amongst the academic community by publishing and speaking at recognized scientific conferences
Interested Candidates should forward a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- PhD or equivalent in biology, biochemistry, pharmacology or related discipline with 8+ years of relevant experience in biopharma or academia
- Proven track record in drug discovery program leadership, including advancement of programs to late-stage research and IND-enabling studies
- High level of inter-disciplinary problem-solving, innovation and scientific excellence
- Experience overseeing the development of relevant oncology models by using molecular technologies, such as CRISPR, to engineer cell lines
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills as needed to work across functions, and within academic collaborations