Cellibre is a cellular agriculture company that employs an organism-agnostic approach to turn cells into specialized, sustainable factories for the manufacture of globally significant products at scale. Our world-class scientific team has led programs from napkin to commercial, pioneering revolutionary breakthroughs in energy, ingredients, medicines and more. Cellibre's initial strategic focus will be deploying our expertise to enable the production of pharmaceutical-grade cannabinoids, alleviating the need for agriculture entirely and revolutionizing the way cannabinoid-based medicines are sourced, produced and consumed.
We are seeking a Research Associate/ Senior Research Associate with experience in molecular biology and microbiology to join the strain engineering team. The successful candidate will work with a scientist to carry out experiments to develop and characterize engineered microbes. This is a hands-on position, that is part of a larger team of strain engineers and associates, with emphasis on benchwork. We want team members with a natural inclination to challenge and work within a culture that is dynamic and self-directed.
NOTE: For all positions posted by Cellibre, education is listed as required but can be overcome with experience. Please do not let education requirements dissuade you from applying for positions for which you think are you qualified.
· Molecular biology techniques including RNA and DNA extraction/purification and analysis, PCR, qRT-PCR, and cloning methods (ie. restriction digests/ligation and Gibson Assembly)
· Working with eukaryotic microorganisms
· Comfort with DNA manipulation software and basic bioinformatic tasks
· Strong contributor and self-starter in highly cross-functional setting
· Ability to keep organized data and records
Additional but not required skills
· Experience working with non-traditional microorganisms
· Knowledge of protein purification and analysis (ie. SDS-PAGE and Westerns)
· Industrial biotech experience as a strain or metabolic engineer
· Scientific understanding of metabolic engineering in microbial hosts from design concepts through experimental evaluation
· Understanding of microbial physiology and fermentation
· Bachelors within molecular biology, biochemistry, microbiology, metabolic engineering or a related discipline with 1+ years related experience