Big Think's mission has always been to help people get smarter, faster around critical human qualities. Easy to ignore because they're hard to quantify, "soft skills" are what help humans learn, grow, and navigate the world with greater ease. Broadly speaking, this set of superpowers-in areas such as creativity, decision making, leadership, and emotional intelligence-enables us to learn from history and come up with better ways of doing things-not only to progress, but to continually rethink what progress means as a society and within ourselves. And with the array of global challenges we face, from economic inequality to social and political fragmentation to climate change, these skills are now of existential importance. Our e-learning solution, Big Think+, is designed to help individuals and organizations navigate the challenges of the 21st century with agility and confidence.
What You'll Get Out Of This Opportunity
- Collaborative culture in a startup environment
- Competitive salary and benefits including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability Insurance, 401(k), Commuter Benefits, Mobile Phone Stipend, and more!
- Growth opportunities within a fast-growing company
- Remote, work from home flexibility
What You'll Do
- Design - As an Instructional Designer for Big Think+, you will partner with the Heads of Learning, Partner Services, and Sales to design, develop, and assess learning content for corporate partners and universities across a range of modalities (from digital courses to virtual discussion programs to e-learning campaigns).
- Write - Applying adult learning principles and education technology, you will synthesize and reinforce video lessons from subject matter experts across our Top 21 Capabilities for Personal and Organizational Development in the 21st Century. You will write, edit, and eventually coordinate content development at all stages of the development lifecycle.
- Advance - This is a high-growth position: Our talent development process is designed to help you master our learning strategy, methodology, and organizational ethos over the first 6 months to 1 year of employment, with the opportunity to coordinate a team of instructional designers and content specialists over time within your areas of particular interest and/or subject matter expertise.
- Learn - In addition to fascinating work and the opportunity to catapult your career in a rapidly evolving industry, working for Big Think+ brings the added benefit of pursuing a "mini-MBA." You will be exposed to the world's most brilliant thinkers and business leaders, teaching the skills that earned them influence and success.
- Collaborate - And by joining the Big Think family, you'll be working alongside colleagues specializing in science journalism and documentary film-making. This is an organization designed for curious, ambitious, mission-driven minds. If that sounds like you, read on to learn more about what you can expect.
Over the course of the first year, your role will include, but not be limited to, the following areas of responsibility in descending order of importance:
- Instructional Design
- LMS Administration
- Partner Services and Sales Support
What You'll Need
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience in Adult Learning, Instructional Design, Educational Technology or a related field; Master's Degree preferred
- At least 5 years of experience working in instructional content development in a technology-enabled environment for corporate or consulting organizations and/or individual consumers and universities
- Experience working within a full cycle of instructional design, from needs assessment and project scoping to design and delivery of learning materials across various modalities
- Critical reasoning and problem-solving skills, including the ability to synthesize and translate challenging material into digestible learning interventions for digital learners
- A fierce eye for detail, with exceptional writing and design skills, as well as strong editing prowess
- A passion for customer service, including a willingness to identify and escalate issues on behalf of our clients
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, project-driven organization
- A desire to evolve your position and become a critical thinking partner serving on an ambitious, mission-driven team
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Ability to thrive in a competitive environmen
Powered by JazzHR