Job Title: Principal Scientist/Director of Biology
Reports to: VP of R&D
FLSA Status: Full Time Exempt
Imagion Biosystems, Inc. is looking for an experienced scientific manager to join our growing research and development team. This position will manage a team of scientists to support in vitro/in vivo studies of the company's superparamagnetic iron oxide nanoparticle technology platform in cancer imaging and therapeutic fields. The qualified candidate will provide input in the designing and characterization of bio-functionalized nanoparticles for intended biological purpose. Additionally, this person will support Imagion Biosystems' customers and external collaborators and report on research activities through oral presentations and written reports and data summaries. The ideal candidate will be creative, self-directed, deadline-driven, detail-oriented, and thrive working in an interdisciplinary team environment.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The Principal Scientist/Director of Biology will be required to:
- Provide relevant biological feedback to the development of surface modification and functionalization strategies for the Company's iron oxide nanoparticles using polymer, antibodies and other targeting ligands.
- Identify appropriate targeting ligand for intended clinical application.
- Undertake in vitro and in vivo research and development of new targeting ligand (antibody, peptide, small molecule) conjugated nanoparticle.
- Actively involved in project management and product development strategies.
- Lead cross-functional teams to conduct preclinical development of new product including searching, identifying and working with CROs to augment internal preclinical capabilities.
- Write and/or review protocols, final development reports, standard operating procedures, and other technical reports to support product development and regulatory filings.
The Director of Biology qualifications include:
- Ph.D. in Pharmaceutical Science or related science with 5+ years of relevant industry experience in biotech/Pharma.
- Minimum 2 years of managerial experience directly managing people and/or leadership experience leading teams, projects and programs.
- Highly experienced with in vitro enzymatic and cell-based assay development, such as ELISA, cell viability assay, etc.
- Knowledgeable and with hand-on experience with a variety of oncology animal models for preclinical development. Experience with cancer detection and therapeutics particularly in immune-oncology field is a plus.
- Solid understanding of in vivo pharmacology and toxicology.
- Previous experience of working with nanoparticle based product for drug delivery and therapy is highly desirable but not required.
- Strong technical and problem solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Highly motivated and driven to acquire new skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, collaborative work environment.
About Imagion Biosystems
Imagion Biosystems is developing a new non-radioactive and safe diagnostic imaging technology. Combining biotechnology and nanotechnology the Company aims to detect cancer and other diseases earlier and with higher specificity than is currently possible. Imagion Biosystems listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) in June 2017.
To learn more, visit www.imagionbiosystems.com
To apply for this position, please send a C.V. or resume to our Human Resources department at HR@imagionbio.com