Genvax Technologies is a startup livestock vaccine company located in Ames, Iowa. We have a dynamic team of experienced scientists and entrepreneurs poised to develop next-generation mRNA vaccines. If you are looking for progressive technology coupled with modern culture and aren't afraid of a challenge, this may be the place for you.
Genvax Technologies seeks a molecular biologist who has mastered the generation of DNA constructs and is willing to accept the challenges involved in producing self-amplifying RNA vaccines.
Essential Job Function:
* Cloning and linearization of DNA
* In vitro transcription and purification of RNA
* Selection, editing, and defining DNA sequences
* Quality control of RNA
* Purchasing supplies and maintenance of instrumentation
* All other tasks as needed by the Company
* M.S. or Ph.D. in Molecular and Cellular Biology
* Organized and familiar with Electronic Laboratory Notebook systems
* Demonstrated expertise:
* Molecular and cellular biology
* Ability to work out of the facility in Ames, Iowa
* Reports to CEO
* Genvax Technologies has an experienced Scientific Advisory Board that will be available for advice and direction
* Potential opportunity to participate in Equity Incentive Plan
* Insurance Package
* It is the policy of Genvax Technologies to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected characteristic under applicable law. This policy relates to all phases of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, employment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, reduction of workforce and termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation, selection for training, the use of all facilities, and participation in all company-sponsored employee activities.
* Applicants must be authorized to work for ANY employer in the US. WE are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visa at this time.
* The Molecular Biology Lead must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and, if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job, absent undue hardship.