HHNT has an immediate opening for an Environmental Scientist I with civil and environmental engineering experience to support our consulting practice.
Environmental Scientist I is an entry-level position that reports to the Environmental Science Business Unit Manager and works alongside other Environmental Scientists and Engineers. By performing various tasks, you will be able to experience and interact with senior management, implement company methodologies, participate in office programs and become a representative of the corporate culture. This position will be responsible for helping facilities maintain compliance with environmental regulations and their monitoring requirements.
Successful candidate will meet the following qualifications:
· Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited college or university in Environmental Science or similar program.
· Intermediate computer knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
· Continues learning process by attending in-house seminars and continuing education opportunities outside of the office.
· Knowledge of ArcGIS preferred.
· Assist with managing environmental compliance systems in the southeast for various environmentally sensitive facilities including solid waste facilities, surface mines and other industries.
· Ensuring all environmental monitoring requirements are met and coordinating individual site requirements.
· Locating and disseminating current information for environmental regulations and rules.
· Assist with document review of various groundwater, surface water, methane, leachate, air, NPDES monitoring/compliance data, and statistical analysis reports.
· Assist with the preparation of technical reports including Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPP), Environmental Monitoring Plans, Spill Prevention Countermeasure and Control Plans (SPCC), and Due Diligence Evaluations.
· Assist with the preparation of various environmental permit applications including solid waste, surface mining, NPDES stormwater, and NPDES process wastewater applications.
· Conduct site visits for various environmental compliance tasks including sampling, inspections and auditing.
· Preparation of GIS maps using ArcGIS software.
· Field work may be required to assist with wetland and stream studies, delineation, threatened and endangered species studies, etc.
About Hodges, Harbin, Newberry & Tribble, Inc.:
Hodges, Harbin, Newberry, & Tribble, Inc. is a civil and environmental consulting firm specializing in design, permitting, and consulting on complex environmental facilities for 25 years throughout the United States. HHNT currently has offices in Macon, Savannah, Atlanta, and Statesboro, Georgia. We also have an office in Greenville, South Carolina and we are in the process of opening an office in Little Rock, Arkansas.
The success of HHNT is rooted in the company's commitment to provide the highest level of client-based services by utilizing senior partners to manage every client and project we undertake. By utilizing senior partners we bring clarity to the maze of environmental regulations, creative options to achieve solutions that work, clear and frequent communications so there are no surprises, and execution with speed and accuracy for our clients. This approach alongside the support of our diverse team of engineers, scientists, and analysts, allows HHNT to provide clients with tailor-made solutions to their environmental design, permitting and consulting needs with an experience that you will want repeated.
We currently work in 20 different states including all southeastern states.
Benefits of being an HHNT team member include:
· Amazing health benefits including 100% company paid health insurance premiums for employees and 50% paid health insurance premiums for spouse/family.
· 401k Retirement plan with employee match up to 4% (eligible after one year).
· Profit-sharing component of the retirement plan (eligible after two years).
· Tuition assistance program.
· Typically, eight paid holidays, three (3) weeks paid time off.
· Training and development programs.
· Being part of an awesome team that will support and guide you along your career path.