The Environmental, Health, and Safety Manager will implement policies to ensure a safe and healthy work environment.Duties/Responsibilities
- Inspects the facility to identify safety, health, and environmental risks.
- Develops and implements inspection policies and procedures, and a schedule of routine inspections.
- Develops health and safety procedures for all areas of the company.
- Prepares and schedules training to cover emergency procedures, workplace safety, and other relevant topics.
- Monitors compliance with safety procedures.
- Drafts inspection reports to document inspection findings.
- Ensures that material safety data sheets are maintained and readily accessible when needed.
- Maintains records of discharge of or employee exposure to hazardous waste and/or pollutants, as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Job Code: 93.21NMRequired Skills/Abilities
Education And Experience
- Extensive knowledge of environmental regulations and policies.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient in technology and equipment used in environmental inspections.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Safety, Occupational Safety and Health, or related field required;
- 3+ years' experience in environmental, health, safety, and industrial hygiene.
- Experience in process safety management
- Physically able to conduct inspections and carry equipment used for inspections.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at a time.
Job Code: 93.21NM