Our Client's mission is to apply breakthroughs in automation solutions for DNA, RNA, and protein synthesis to enable customers to program and "write" synthetic biology that creates sustainable healthcare and technology solutions for some of humanity's biggest challenges. Their gene synthesis portfolio reduces the turnaround time for synthesizing workflows from weeks and months to days and hours and includes the BioXp™ system, DNA services, Gibson Assembly® reagents, and Vmax™ chemically competent cells. In addition to automating, accelerating, and optimizing DNA design, synthesis, cloning, and amplification, and the BioXp™ system ensure your designs stay in your hands, marrying speed and security for innovators in drug discovery, vaccine development, precision medicine, and beyond.
Summary of Role:
We are seeking a Senior Scientist to join our R&D Team. This role will report to the Director of R&D and will have an opportunity to contribute to the development of new workflows for the discovery of pre-clinical mRNA vaccine and therapeutic candidates. A successful candidate will enjoy working in a fast-paced and highly collaborative start-up environment doing cutting-edge science. This person will work closely with team members from R&D and Operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Conceive, plan and execute wet lab experiments.
· Manage the day-to-day activities of at least 1-2 direct reports (Research Associates).
· Engage and collaborate with team members to develop and automate novel protocols and workflows.
· Manage projects in an efficient manner and successfully deliver against project timelines.
· Document experiments in detailed and complete reports; present data-supported conclusions in meetings.
· Consistently demonstrate initiative and follow-through in implementing projects and tasks.
· Keep up to date with scientific literature in the areas of strategic interest.
· All other duties as assigned.