Hengenix seeks a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual to lead its Biologics Team. This is a highly visible and leadership role within Hengenix. The position leads a well-developed in-house team of professionals in the biologics space, including Lead Discovery, Lead Optimization, Lead Function In vitro and In vivo, and Protein Production and Engineering scientists.
· Execute on all aspects of antibody generation and characterization including target selection, antibody screening, protein engineering, and biological validation.
· Ensure timely delivery of antibodies for Hengenix' drug discovery programs and early pipeline projects.
· Bring new research initiative and leading technologies to Hengenix and develop successful strategies that lead to the production of development candidates.
· Coordinate and manage both internal resources external contract research organizations as appropriate for success.
· Lead and develop internal scientific staff.
· Ph.D., or equivalent with 10+ years drug development experience in biologics discovery and development
· Strong expertise in recombinant antibody discovery, antibody engineering, immuno-oncology
· Knowledge of pharmaceutical attributes necessary for designation of development candidates
· Demonstrated record of scientific accomplishments and a technology leader in development of biologics plus a successful record delivering therapeutic antibodies or protein-based therapeutics into clinical trials.
· Extensive experience with assay development, animal model, protein expression/purification and associated technologies.
· Extensive experience in personnel management and development.
· Strong communication skills, written and oral.
· Demonstrated track record with publications and/or patents
· Ability to succeed in a small, interactive, ambitious and entrepreneurial drug-discovery environment.
· Excellent team player and strong leadership
· Exact title and total compensation commensurate with experience