The Health, Safety & Environmental Coordinator is responsible for implementation of the environmental health & safety program at select JBT North American sites. The HS&E Coordinator works closely with the Manufacturing, Quality, and Engineering teams to identify hazards associated with production and maintenance, develop, and implement risk mitigation measures, and institute industry best practices to instill a zero-accident culture within JBT. This position works collaboratively with several sites to maintain a consistent safety presence and monitor activities for regulatory and company policy compliance. This position reports directly to the Protein North America HSE Manager
Location: Apex NC or Chalfont PA
* Work with leadership and site personnel to monitor, maintain and enforce safety programs and policies. Maintain standard safety supplies and standard environmental supplies.
* Provide guidance to ensure compliance with established policies and Environmental, Health and Safety regulations; this includes training, record keeping, permits, policy and procedures.
* Perform risk assessments of shop floor and field services practices at regular intervals and for each project.
* Develop accident prevention and loss control methods, procedures and programs.
* Ensure regulation compliance ? compliance with Federal, State, Local and Corporate requirements relating to training, recordkeeping, permits, reports, policy and procedures and other related compliance issues.
* Coordinate inspections and tours of facilities to detect existing or potential accident, fire and health hazards; and recommend corrective and/or preventative actions.
* Responsible for the safety training and compliance of all on site and off site employees in three U.S. business units. Conduct employee training programs in accident and fire prevention and protection, and other employee safety programs as needed.
* Ensure environmental compliance ? compliance with Federal, State, Local and Corporate requirements relating to record keeping, permits, reports, training and other related concerns (Technical Environmental Contact).
* Manage hazardous waste disposal, tracking, and reporting.
* Direct security management to ensure employee safety and protection of company property.
* Manage all related medical - first aid and case management (Workers? Comp.) and industrial hygiene activities.
* BS Degree in a related field; preferably Industrial Engineering or Safety/Environmental Management.
* Strong knowledge of regulatory regulations (OSHA, EPA, and Corporate compliance requirements).
* Ability to interpret and implement industrial safety standards.
* Ability to adhere to JBT and ISO9001 standards, follow JBT safety guidelines and requirements, and wear required PPE at all times.
* Ability to interpret electrical and mechanical drawings, specifications and the NEC.
* Demonstrated emergency response skills. Medical (first-aid) equipment and Industrial Hygiene equipment knowledge.
* Ability to safely work with all equipment, machines, and tools required for job completion. Ability to use test equipment, computers and MS software i.e. MS Word, Excel.
* Ability to work unsupervised.
* Must be willing to work in various work environments, schedules and overtime.
* Must have adequate visual acuity with or without the use of corrective lenses.
* Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Possess work accuracy and good organizational skills.
* Must have a valid Driver?s License.
* Background check and drug-screen are required.
Three to Five years in an HSE position in a manufacturing environment.
Open to travel once a month to JBT sites and customers as required