Andes is empowering microbes for enabling positive action.
We are looking for a highly motivated and dynamic Research Associate who is excited to join our team working to enhance our in-house collection of unique microbial strains. This work will contribute to improving Andes' microbial technology and developing products for a more sustainable future.
Location: Emeryville, CAResponsibilities
Qualifications and Experience
- Participate in generating improved microbial strains using targeted genetics and library-based approaches.
- Perform a variety of molecular, biochemical, enzymatic, and microbial growth assays to assess strain performance.
- Prepare microbial culture media and frozen microbial stocks.
- Practice excellent organization skills and meticulous record keeping.
- Assist in ordering and organizing laboratory supplies and equipment.
- Effectively communicate with individuals and teams across Andes to ensure optimal information and material sharing.
- Be nimble and adaptive to learn new laboratory techniques as needed to support a multidisciplinary research team.
- Work independently and as part of a team.
- Embrace best practices at work to ensure a safe workplace in support of our safety culture.
Applicant must be authorized to work in the U.S.What we offer
- B.A. or B.Sc. in Molecular Biology, Microbiology, or another relevant life science.
- At least 2 years prior experience in a Microbiology or Molecular Biology laboratory, industry experience preferred.
- Experienced in working with microbial cultures and aseptic technique (e.g. inoculation, propagation, strain banking).
- Hands-on experience with a variety of molecular techniques (e.g. PCR, DNA/RNA extraction, sequencing, cloning).
- Hands-on experience running and interpreting analytical assays is a plus
- Excellent organization skills and meticulous record keeping.
- Adaptable and flexible in time management.
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and a team player.
- Competitive package in an early-stage, disruptive startup.
- Stock options.