Yoh has an exciting opportunity for a Research Scientist, Molecular & Cell Biology
to support our Pharmaceutical Client in San Diego, CA
. This 6 month contract engagement (potential to extend) is ideal for Masters or PhD level candidates with 1-3 years of experience with cell characterization techniques including flow cytometry and/or microscopy and molecular biology techniques including amplicon sequencing, ddPCR, and/or qPCR.
See below for complete job responsibilities and requirements. If after reviewing, you are interested in learning more about this, or other opportunities within the Biotech Industry, please apply with your updated resume ASAP.Title:
Research Scientist, Molecular & Cell BiologyPay Rate
: $45+/hr (flexible depending on experience)Location:
San Diego, CAType: 6
+ month contract, potential to extendOverview
Our Client is seeking a highly motivated, independent scientist to help validate targets, pathways, and disease mechanisms in genetically validated diseases.Responsibilities
- Performed modern molecular biology techniques to validate novel targets and pathways and provide proof-of-concept in severe genetic diseases with high unmet need (e.g.: Amplicon Sequencing, ddPCR and qPCR).
- Perform immunofluorescence techniques (flow cytometry and/or microscopy) to drive discovery research efforts.
- Work effectively with colleagues from cross-functional disciplines.
- Critically analyze and interpret complex data, and effectively document and communicate results.
- Collaborate and deliver on objectives successfully in a fast-paced, highly matrixed work environment
- MS in Cellular Biology and 3 years' experience or PhD in cellular biology or related field.
- Skilled in molecular biology techniques including, but not limited to, amplicon sequencing, ddPCR and qPCR.
- Experience in cell characterization techniques e.g., immunofluorescence techniques (flow cytometry and/or microscopy).
- It is essential that the candidate possess strong analytical, communication and problem-solving skills and have strong collaboration abilities to be effective in a team environment focused on drug discovery.
- Experience in developing human cell models or in vitro assays