Eurofins is Testing for Life. Eurofins is the global leader in food, environment, and pharmaceutical product testing. It is also one of the market leaders in testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and has a rapidly developing presence in highly specialised and molecular clinical diagnostic testing.
With 55,000 staff across a network of 900 laboratories in over 50 countries, Eurofins' companies offer a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods.
The Group's objective is to provide its customers with high-quality services, innovative solutions and accurate results on time. Eurofins is in a unique position to support its clients' increasingly stringent quality and safety standards and the increasing demands of regulatory authorities around the world.Job Description
With more than 50 years' experience in the crop protection industry, Eurofins Agroscience Services offers a unique portfolio of expertise, providing extensive laboratory and field support across multiple industries including agrochemical, biopesticide, pharmaceutical, biocide, and fine chemical manufacturers.
Eurofins Agroscience Services is seeking a Director of Biologics to join our team in Easton, MD. Candidates should have extensive experience in the bio-pesticide industry, be passionate about science and seek a fast-paced, team-based environment.Position Summary
This position serves a critical role in the development and growth of testing services to support registration of bio-pesticides, bio-stimulants, and bio-controls within the agriculture industry. Working with the Ecotoxicology, Residue and Environmental Fate teams to support regulatory testing for the agrochemical industry, this role will also lead the Biologics team to support the fast-growing biologics sector of Agricultural Science. Responsibilities include management of daily technical operations within the Biologicals team, leadership of the department to implement vision and growth opportunities, and collaboration with EAS management, scientific resources, and clients to best support R&D and quality control systems for this dynamic industry.Director of Biologicals responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Collaborate with EAS leadership, industry, clients and associations to understand and meet the regulatory testing needs of the bio-pesticide industry.
- Direct technical resources including staff, equipment and facilities to serve clients in a timely, accurate and high-quality manner. Includes leading and/or delegating daily activities of lab staff in order to achieve expected results in terms of technical, timely, and quality performance according to applicable government regulations, manufacturing processes or other considerations.
- Establish, develop and maintain relationships with regulatory authorities and relevant trade associations, participating in committees, symposiums, etc., to keep current on industry trends and regulations.
- Approve creation of and/or modification of standards, procedures, specifications and processes.
- Review research, testing, quality control/assurance, and other operational reports to ensure that quality standards, efficiency and schedules are met.
- Direct overall strategy plan for quality improvement initiatives and utilize data generated form applicable sources to lead the quality focus of the department.
- Interpret results of laboratory activities to lab personnel, management and professional/technical societies.
- Advise senior management, technical personnel and other staff of the activities of the department.
- Direct and administer assigned functions to ensure high quality, cost effective services, which meet or surpass all regulatory standards. Maintain and guide the implementation of organizational policies and procedures in compliance with state, federal, and other regulatory guidelines.
- Assist commercial and marketing team in developing materials including quotations, reports, technical papers, and presentations to support the business.
The ideal candidate would possess:
Basic Minimum Qualifications
- Demonstrated leadership skills and vision in managing staff and major projects/initiatives.
- Regulatory testing experience, regulatory training, and/or an in-depth knowledge of bio-stimulant, bio-control and bio-pesticide registration.
- Experience working with EPA and EU Commission regulations such as FIFRA, FFDCA, TSCA, and USDA APHIS under the PPA and NEPA governing Toxic Substances Control.
- Familiarity with development and efficacy of microbial pest control agents.
- Strategic thinking skills and experience developing and executing strategic business plans.
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
- Team building experience. Self-motivated with initiative and the ability to work successfully as part of a team.
- Experience with budget and financial management.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field such as Botany, Agriculture, Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Entomology, Plant Pathology, or a related field, and a minimum of seven (7) years of increasingly responsible industry experience. A significant history of supervisory/management experience is required, OR
- A Master's degree in relevant fields as described above and a minimum of five (5) years of increasingly responsible industry and supervisory/management experience, OR
- A Ph.D. in relevant fields as described above and a minimum of three (3) years of increasingly responsible industry and supervisory/management experience.
Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Easton, MD are encouraged to apply, but relocation assistance is available.
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer
What Happens Next
Our people are the backbone of what we do, so it's incredibly important we find the right individuals to join us. As a potential new recruit you'll be invited to meet the team in the form of an assessment centre or a staged interview process dependent on the role and it's requirements, this will give you the opportunity to see what working for Eurofins is really like and enable us to get you know your key skills and strengths.Your data
As part of any recruitment process, the company collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. The company is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations.Closing Date
We reserve the right to close or extend this position depending on application numbers. Therefore we would urge candidates to submit an application as early as possible.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive please be aware that if you do not receive a response within 4 weeks of the vacancy expiry date unfortunately, on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful.Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.