Specialty Enzymes & Probiotics is a leading global manufacturer of probiotics and enzymes with over 35 years of experience in the nutraceutical industry. We are currently recruiting for a Microbiologist to supervise and perform Quality Control testing and analysis of commercial enzyme and probiotic products in our ISO 17025 certified laboratory. This role is for a mid-senior level with 3-5 years of relevant microbiology experience.
* Supervise and perform microbiological tests for Coli, E-Coli, yeast and mold, S-aureus and Total Plate Count of raw materials, finished goods, and incoming lab samples following approved testing procedures.
* The Micro Lab Supervisor is qualified to authorize QC trainees to perform assays/tasks after reviewing training documents and results.
* Oversee/Perform maintenance of lab equipment including calibration and documentation
* Maintain proper documentation and record keeping of daily activities in compliance with approved SOPs and Assay Methods
* Maintain laboratory facility and work area at proper levels of cleanliness including washing laboratory equipment
* Perform all work in a safe fashion including ensuring a safe work area
* Manufacture customer samples and perform work on projects related to customer requirements
* Perform other related duties as determined by Laboratory Manager
* Sample and perform environmental monitoring throughout facility.
* Sample and perform water testing on water system.
Skills and Qualifications
* Advanced knowledge of microbiology
* Strong knowledge of microbiology and scientific method including data analysis and interpretation
* Solid laboratory skills including use of analytical balances, pipetting, autoclaving, serial dilutions, spore counts, enumeration of total plate count
* Full understanding of laboratory safety knowledge
* Knowledge of ISO 17025
* General mathematical & analytical skills including unit conversions and chemistry calculations
* Solid knowledge of GMPs and role of Research & Development and Quality Control groups
* Skill and knowledge of supervising microbiology personnel and area
* Good written and verbal communication skills
Experience and Education
* Experience - 4-5 years in relevant positions, laboratory experience preferred
* Education - Master's Degree in microbiology
* 2-3 years supervisory experience in a lab setting
Working Conditions and Physical Job Requirements
* Able to work safely and follow specific laboratory and facility safety procedures
* Able to follow complicated directions and perform detail-oriented work
* Able to work in a fast-paced environment with diverse responsibilities
* Able to prioritize tasks in a changing work requirement
* Able to work well in a team-oriented environment
* Able to lift 50 lbs
* Able to go up and down stairs
* Core Work hours 8:15 am - 5:00 pm M-F
* Professional dress code, lab coat required in laboratory