Title: Environmental Health and Safety Specialist
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Location: GGB Thorofare - Position is onsite and local candidates are preferred.
Job Summary & Job Duties
Support EHS operations and staff to a maintain a zero tolerance culture and ensure safety and health compliance. The EHS Specialist will plan and coordinate health and safety programs, requiring application of engineering principles and technology to analyze and control conditions contributing to occupational hazards and diseases.
* Prepares environmental reports including: Title V, Air Emissions and permits, Community Right to know, Hazardous waste, TRI, RPPR, and SPCC.
* Lead Auditor and Representative for ISO 14001 Environmental Management System. Maintains awareness of new programs and regulations for the industry.
* Develops and implements programs, policies and practices for monitoring and preventing chemical, physical and biological hazards at the facility.
* Provides engineering solutions to continually improve the workplace to proved a safe, ergonomic environment for the employees.
* Maintains awareness of new developments in the industry as well as OSHA and other governmental regulations.
* Actively manages recordable injuries, first aid incidents, and Near Miss incidents from the care of the employee to correcting the cause of the injury (includes Workers Compensation).
* Regularly audits the facility looking for unsafe practices and conditions and ensures immediate corrections are made.
* Develops and facilitates training for workers on issues relating to health and safety.
* Ensures health screenings are completed and documented. Contracts with vendors to perform a variety of screenings for the facility and the employees.
* Collaborates and helps safety committees, accident investigation committee and promotes safety and health through a number of proactive measures.
* Proactively provides support to all employees involving safety, environmental, and health issues.
* Works with all ROPE and CORE Teams to meet their EHS metrics and supports the completion of projects that will improve these same metrics
* Facilitates the ESG (Environmental, Social, Governance) Committee meetings and organizes the activities within it.
* Ongoing training and certifications in safety necessary
? 3-5 years experience working as an EHS Specialist/Engineer, EHS Coordinator for a manufacturing facility.
? Bachelors degree in Engineering, Environmental Science, or other related field.
? Ample knowledge about human health, environmental science and industrial aspects.
? Thorough knowledge of Title V, RCRA compliance, ISO 14001
? Environmental Title V experience required
? Strong facilitation and communication skills with the ability to collaborate with all team members.
ASP or CSP Certification preferred
Enpro is a leading industrial technology company using material science to push boundaries in semiconductor, life sciences, and other technology-enabled sectors. We are a leader in sealing technologies, advanced surface technologies, and highly engineered materials. Our products and services are sold into more than 40 distinct end-markets that touch our lives every day ? from food and pharmaceutical facilities to semiconductor clean rooms, from agricultural robots that help grow your food to last-mile technologies that deliver it to your doorstep, from commercial aviation to space exploration, and much more in between. Our commitment to innovation, quality, and value has propelled our brands to wide recognition and leading positions in their markets.
Enpro is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.