Computational Biologist (Postdoc/Scientist)Summary/Contribution Of Position
The Computational Biologist will work as a core member of the R&D team leading the analytical aspects of product development with in-depth knowledge of a broad range of computational analytical tools and strategies to analyze multi-omic datasets. You will perform and/or supervise the performance of in silico experiments to support RNA research, Epigenetic research, Clinical applications, and other related service as required.Essential Duties And Responsibilities
Education And Experience
- Develop advanced computational methods to enhance research and discovery on epigenomic, transcriptomic and genomic platforms.
- Enhance bioinformatic analysis of diverse NGS and non-NGS datasets, including RNA-seq, WGBS, Targeted sequencing, MicroArray etc.
- Develop innovative, robust, computational and statistics methods that can be applied in research and clinical settings.
- Provide intellectual and technical excellence to guide new discovery strategies. Design, perform, troubleshoot, and interpret experiments
- Present project updates, data analysis at technical and commercial meetings.
- Identify, develop, and manage collaborations and partnerships.
- PhD or master's in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Epidemiology, Biological sciences, Cancer biology, Genetics, Genomics, Computer science, or a related discipline with a strong record of publications/patents is required.
- Experience in the analysis of large next-generation sequencing date sets and microarray data.
- Hands-on experience on working with various public and proprietary data repositories, such as TCGA, GTEx, dbSNP, Ensembl, UCSC genome browser.
- Experience with manipulation and innovative analysis (e.g. novel algorithm development) of large biological and/or epidemiology data sets.
- Experience with statistics and/or machine learning.
· Extensive experience in bio-computational programming, scripting, querying or statistical analysis languages such as python or R, as well as Linux OS for high performance computing.Preferred Skills
· Familiarity with Amazon Web Services EC2 and S3.
· Biological research experience.
· Familiarity with popular bioinformatics command-line tools.
· Experience with building and execution of bioinformatics pipelines.
· Experience with data science tools such as scipy, pandas, scikit-learn, or their equivalencies in R.
· Experience with data visualization tools such as matplotlib, seaborn, plotly, or their equivalencies in R.Core Competencies
· Scientific knowledge
· Interpersonal skills
· Team Player
· Communication skills - verbal and written
· Listening skills
· Problem analysis and problem-solving
· Attention to detail and accuracy
· Data collection and ordering
· Customer service orientation
· Stress tolerance
· Ongoing learning and Scientific Reading habits
Company DescriptionLarry Jia, M.D., founded Zymo Research Corporation in 1994. With humble beginnings, he started manufacturing the first DNA/RNA extraction and purification products for E. coli and yeast out of a garage in Orange, California. Today, Zymo Research is a multi-million dollar company with its headquarters based in Irvine, California. In addition to its California headquarters, Zymo Research has two international branches located in Freiburg, Germany and Beijing, China. The company's DNA and RNA extraction kits are used mainly by academic and biopharmaceutical scientists, who need to isolate and purify DNA/RNA from tissue, blood or serum samples. Zymo Research is also known for its epigenetics line of products used in DNA methylation detection and quantitation. They carved out a niche in this market by being an early adopter in the field of epigenetics and by offering a high-quality product. They are considered the leader in this market space. One of the keys to Zymo's success in the past 25 years has been their ability to listen to their customers and react quickly. Their tagline "The Beauty of Science is to Make Things Simple" is a mantra that is reflected in every one of their products. From epigenetics to RNA/DNA isolation, each product is designed to be both simple in use and robust in its performance.
Inside Zymo Research
Zymo Research's core beliefs are based on innovation, quality, and customer service. These three paradigms are ingrained in their company culture. They believe their products are the most reliable and uphold to the highest standards of quality in the industry as evidenced by their ISO 9001 certification. They have also received Frost & Sullivan's Best Practices Award for Leadership in Epigenetics Product Quality.
To provide the most reliable, innovative, and valuable biomedical tools and services to our customers through research and strategic development.
To have a positive impact in the biomedical field and to contribute to the greater good of humanity.
" Treat others as you would like to be treated " . We strongly believe this principle dictates teamwork and open communication.