Job Description Summary
Field applications specialist for microbiology products including Kiestra lab automation products supporting business in Florida. Could travel to other sites throughout the country when needed.
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most exciting global health issues.
Reporting to the Microbiology Applications Manager, the Microbiology Applications Specialist provides high-level technical and application training to BD Customers within clinical, public health, and industrial laboratory settings. This position has a primary focus on training in diverse settings; promoting sales of BD's platforms and total system solutions, and assisting with on-site customer installation and troubleshooting.
* Conducts comprehensive user training to achieve customer proficiency, efficient utilization, and self-sufficiency
* Demonstrates proficiency in applications and software by uncovering customer?s needs, implementing customized solutions, and assuring rapid adoption
* Collaborates with Technical Service and Support and Field Service to improve customer experience
* Actively engages in regional Sales and Marketing programs in delivering efficient service portfolio to the customers
* Actively provides product and platform knowledge and technical input to Research and Development for continual product improvement
* Collaborates with BD Technical and Training Center associates to develop training programs and departmental Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for instrumented platforms
* Ensures the fulfillment, continual improvement, and critical review of field-related job aides, learning aides, certification manuals, presentations, and evaluations including package inserts, software system specifications and other technical documentation
Sales and Marketing Support
* Supports or participates in BD sponsored Webinars and Teleconferences
* Provides technical expertise MarCom and National and World-Wide Marketing Managers
* Assists local, regional, national sales associates as well as management during the sales process
New Product Development:
* Participates on project teams as appropriate, aligning with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), ISO 9000, Quality Procedures and PACE (Product and Cycle-time Excellence) Development protocols fordeveloping new products
* Contributes to laboratory workflow productivity and other customer needs to improve efficiency and efficacy of platform training
Education and Experience:
* B.S. Degree in Medical Technology, Biological Sciences, or Microbiology, advanced degree desirable.
* Training in "Train-the-Trainer" methods, instructional design / development, adult educational methods desirable
* Minimum 5 years proven experience in a clinical hospital or reference laboratory setting
* Minimum 2 years experience in Technical, Clinical Training and Education environment
* Proficient in Identification / Antimicrobial Susceptibility Testing (ID/AST).
* Demonstrated ability to travel domestically.
* Proven track record to be on call during evening/weekend as needed.
Knowledge and Skills:
* Knowledge of technical and workflow related aspects important to the discovery phase of system implementation within clinical and public health laboratory settings
* Demonstrated project management, teaching, motivational and organizational skills with a consistent track record of accomplishments
* Initiates and willingly accepts new assignments and successfully completes them
* Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills
* Familiarity with regulatory agencies (i.e. CLIA, USP, GMP/CGMP) and quality procedures are highly desirable
* Models effective training, education, and presentation/demonstration of products
* Consistent professionalism in customer, cross-team/functional interactions with high concern for customer needs and expectations
* Works well in team environment
* Works with positive demeanor, able to communicate the departmental and organizational vision and goals, guiding team members in achieving these goals
* Constantly and persistently strives for driving excellence in technical and customer facing skills with team members
* Solid understanding of various computer software applications (i.e. MS office, Access) and Laboratory Information Systems (LIS) are preferred
Sales/sales support: Understands the value proposition and products, while effectively providing demonstrations and other sales supporting activities promoting organizational change
Teaching/Training: Effectively instructs, observes, and evaluates trainees on medical equipment or devices consistent with an understanding of regulatory requirements; identifies gaps in learning and encourages optimal use; completes electronic training and service documentation
Project Management: Achieves operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to implement BD's platform
* Preparing and completing action plans to industry and customer-service standards
* Assuring projects are on-time, in budget, and within specifications
* Determining system improvements and implementing organizational change
* Managing from sales support to post go-live
Client Service: Is dedicated to meeting the expectation and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and users it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
Come Work With Us!
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life?s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and exciting culture. Our Total Rewards program ? which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components ? is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
Click on Apply if this sounds like you!
To learn more about BD visit https://jobs.bd.com/
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work Location
USA FL - Miami
NA (United States of America)