Job Title: Scientist - I (Assistant) Location: Rahway, NJ Duration: 6+ months Responsibilities:
- We are looking for candidates who will contribute to drug discovery and clinical development efforts in the Department of Pharmacokinetics, Pharmacodynamics and Drug Metabolism (PPDM) at MRL Rahway. The main responsibility of this position will be to develop and support drug transporter assays that will predict disposition of drug candidates.
- The Scientist is a scientific position who has a broad background in biology with comprehensive cell culture experience. The successful scientist will be responsible for the maintenance of the cell culture laboratory to include all aspects of cell culture for production purposes. They will be responsible for the operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of equipment, and may also have responsibility for maintaining laboratory supplies.
- The scientist will grow cells for use in cell-based assays. This position requires accurate record keeping and excellent communication skills as the scientist will work closely with team members and assay scientists to provide valuable product. Required Duties: (This list is not comprehensive, but should be used to provide general guidance. Other duties may be required.)
- The position involves maintenance of cell culture lines to include thawing, expanding, harvesting and freezing lines. Strict quality control guidelines of all products coming from cell culture must be monitored and adhered to. Proper and aseptic maintenance of cell culture and production laboratory is required. Perform all cell preparations adhering to laboratory guidelines in an efficient manner.
- The Scientist must be able to effectively communicate with team members and assay scientists the progress of the products and services and be able to respond quickly and accurately to inquiries and requests.
- Record keeping, excellent organizational skills and the ability to multitask are a must. Develop quality control or other scientific assays as needed for scientists projects.
- Information must be quickly and accurately provided to the scientists and other appropriate personnel within the site. Absolute confidentiality involving protocols, assays, and possible drug targets. Stay current with Safety Training as specified by site supervisor.
- Education Minimum Requirement: Bachelors degree with 1-3 years relevant experience, appropriate subjects for highest degree include biology, biochemistry, chemistry, pharmacology or related field.
- Successful candidates should have a passion for generating high quality in vitro PPDM data for use by project teams across a range of therapeutic areas and must have independent bench level in vitro skills as well as strong automation skills. Candidates must have experience in conducting in vitro drug transporter experiments including cell based and vesicular studies.
- Candidate must have basic understanding of doing in-vitro mammalian cells. Experience with Mammalian cell culture in a lab based environment within research labs/industry is preferred. Excellent interpersonal, organizational, oral, and written communication skills are required. The position requires a highly collaborative candidate with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. Strong data analysis skills and the ability to interpret and document results are strongly desired. Basic computer skills are required.
- The physical ability to perform the required duties. Ability to work as a team player in an organization that requires working together in a collaborative manner.
*NOTE*-This is a 3-6 months, 100% onsite assignment with possibility of extension/permanent based on candidate's performance and budget. This department will be moving to West Point site in the summer of 2022. So, if someone is interested for permanent/extension, they need to work at West Point, PA site. Please set the expectations for this role with the candidate in advance.