This position is responsible for the overall direction, and results of the Safety, Environmental Health, and Security functions of TH Foods, Inc. The Manager of Safety, Environmental Health, and Security will provide the leadership and direction necessary to ensure the safety, and security of all personnel working in TH Foods' facilities and promote compliance with all safety and environmental regulations. Essential Duties and Requirements
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Overall total responsibility to manage the corporate safety, environmental health, and security function.
- Design, implement, monitor and maintain all safety, environmental health, and security programs, systems and procedures.
- Lead, direct, and develop facility personnel to ensure a standard approach to the implementation of safety, environmental health, and security programs and procedures.
- Ensure that each facility's management team is properly carrying out their responsibility of promoting safety compliance to employees.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local safety and environmental laws, regulations, codes and rules.
- Works with engineering, quality assurance, and production departments to ensure that safety, environmental health, and security concerns are taken into consideration for new or modified equipment, facilities or processes.
- Inspect facilities, machinery, equipment, and personnel practices to identify potential safety, environmental health, and security concerns and hazards.
- Manages and directs the corporate incident investigation process to ensure: the required documentation of incidents, the identification of causes, and the implementation of corrective actions to prevent recurrence.
- Analyze incident data to identify corporate and facility trends in order to recommend and implement long-range accident reduction and cost containment objectives
- Act as the Chair for the TH Foods, Inc. Corporate Safety, Environmental Health, and Security Steering Committee
- Act as the Company representative in dealing with government agencies on safety, environmental, and security matters affecting the Company.
- Act as the corporate authority on safety, environmental health, and security matters and advises management of relevant information or considerations
- Ensure employees receive appropriate safety, environmental health, and security training applicable to their job
- Develop and monitor a safety, environmental health, and security orientation program for new hires (full time and temporary)
- Maintains, analyzes, and communicates safety metrics to monitor the company progress towards the attainment of safety goals.
- Ensures the site security system integrity and monitoring functionality
- Develop and maintain the emergency response plan
- Ensure emergency responders are appropriately trained to deal with emergency situations and develop general security awareness training for all employees.
- Ensure timely submission of all required safety and environmental government reporting and permit requests.
- Responsible for promoting food safety throughout the organization.
This position directly supervises the Safety, Environmental Health and Security Coordinator position.
This position directs and oversees the activities of Safety, Environmental Health and Security contractors and consultants.Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Knowledge Skills and Abilities
Education and/or Experience
- Knowledge of safety and health and environmental codes and regulations required.
- Ability to train employees in safety, environmental health, and security aspects
- Computer skills: Proficiency with word-processing and spreadsheet applications required (MS Word & Excel preferred).
- Strong organizational skills required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Bachelors Degree in Occupational Safety, Environmental Science or a related technical field. Masters Degree a plus.
- Certified Safety Professional ® (CSP) designation desired
- Five to ten years safety and environmental experience in a manufacturing environment. Food manufacturing a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. Work Environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.