Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labeling is accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies. In 2019, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 4.56 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
Eurofins BioPharma Product Testing-Columbia has delivered expert scientific support to companies working to improve human and animal health. As a member of the Eurofins BPT Columbia team, you'll work alongside respected technical experts dedicated to scientific excellence in a process driven regulatory compliant environment. Job Description
The Team Leader
has an overall responsibility for providing technical leadership and laboratory/project organization for assigned staff. Performs a dual role by working "hands-on" in the laboratory and responsible for more complex experimentation and training, while functioning as a supervisor in the laboratory.Responsibilities include:
- Supervise daily laboratory activities and laboratory scheduling to ensure optimum group performance.
- Provides guidance, support, direction and leadership to technicians and analysts through positive interactions with all personnel during daily operations.
- Responsible for the analysis of samples to determine microbiological quality through the following analyses: Microbial enumeration methods, absence of specified microorganisms, and endotoxin.
- Coordinates work projects to appropriately prioritize laboratory workload to meet client requirements as related to quality, on-time performance and TAT (Turnaround Time).
- Coordinates the scheduling of personnel to maximize productivity.
- Maintains quality performance metrics, conducts routine metrics review and root cause analysis in collaboration with chemists and laboratory management.
- Coordinates and communicates delays and technical issues with management in a timely manner.
- Devises and develops processes and methods for the solution of technical problems.
- Responsible for system maintenance and calibration to ensure equipment is operating within specified requirements.
- Trains, mentors and supervises analysts (microbiologists).
- Reviews lab investigations and deviations with analysts/microbiologists.
- Conducts root cause analysis and implements solutions in collaboration with the chemists.
The ideal candidate would possess
- Performs statistical analysis of data and evaluates the area supervised for microbiological trends, and responds appropriately.
- 5+ years related experience in Microbiology preferred.
- Previous leadership experience preferred.
- Knowledge of cGMPs and related compliance regulations and guidance(s) required.
- Knowledge of BacT/Alert and Bioquell systems preferred.
- Must have experience with the various products and services including stability studies, method development and validation, LIMS, and ELN.
- This position requires a self-starting, motivated person who possesses excellent interpersonal skills; who is able to assume a leadership role in the laboratory; and, who is able to effectively interact with all departments within the company and with client personnel.
- Demonstrated skills in laboratory techniques.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook and the ability to use enterprise software.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field such as chemistry, biochemistry, biology, chemical engineering, pharmaceutical sciences, or other directly related field or degree with comparable coursework in the above areas and a minimum of five years of experience in a directly relevant setting.
- Master's degree in a relevant field and three years of directly relevant experience may be substituted for the bachelor's degree and experience.
- PhD in a relevant field may be substituted for bachelor's degree and experience.
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship.
Position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m., with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Columbia, MO are encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and PTO, and dental and vision options.To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website www.eurofinsus.com.Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.We are looking forward to receiving your application including your expected salary and possible start date via our career website.