We at Advantage Resourcing are seeking a talented and passionate Scientist III for our client in Canoga Park, CA.
As a member of the R&D Next Generation Sequencing team, the Scientist III is responsible for understanding company goals, developing assays, and performing data analysis for research, development, improvement, and troubleshooting of HLA gene typing products or related projects.
What will you do?
- Collaborate and lead in development of DNA-based molecular typing reagents for HLA and related genes for clinical use
- Work with Research Supervisor and Manager and act as technical lead to develop new product ideas and research new technologies to meet those needs
- Collaborate with molecular biologists, bioinformaticians, product managers, customer support, internal cross functional core teams and external scientists
- Plan and execute feasibility, development, and verification studies, with a focus on product development from proof of concept to design transfer
- Maintain familiarity with design control for quality development of products
- Responsible for understanding and assisting in the development, improvement, and troubleshooting of HLA gene typing products or related issues
- Perform statistical analysis and make scientific presentations of projects and research activities to immediate R&D team as well as to cross functional core teams
- Responsible for understanding and implementing relevant company and department policies and procedures
- Bachelor's Degree in Molecular Biology, Genetics, Biochemistry or related field is required.
- PhD with laboratory experience in academic environment
- Master's Degree with 4 plus years of relevant industry experience
- Bachelor's Degree with 6 plus years of relevant industry experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Strong understanding of standard molecular biology techniques
- Clear understanding and experience in running polymerase chain reaction (PCR).
- Strong understanding of Next Generation Sequencing Principles, experience with sequencing library preparation, and data analysis
- Effective communication skills and experience presenting data to audiences with different ranges of scientific background
- Demonstrate passion for problem solving and outside the box thinking
- Be self-motivated, independent and organized, and have a proactive driving force of execution
- Be flexible and able to tackle new challenges
- Perform multiple tasks simultaneously
- Adapt quickly to changing needs caused by time, budget or business constraints
- Prepare and present reports to management involving data critical to new product development and current process/product improvement
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive laboratory information
Does this sound like the job for you? Great! We'd love to hear from you!
About Advantage Resourcing
Advantage Resourcing is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, mental and physical disability, political affiliation, union membership, status as a parent, military or veteran status or other non-merit based factors. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application, interviewing and employment process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Advantage Resourcing is an E-Verify employer. This policy is applicable to all phases of the employment relationship, including hiring, transfers, promotions, training, terminations, working conditions, compensation, benefits, and other terms and conditions of employment.
All employees are directed to familiarize themselves with this policy and to act in accordance with it. All decisions with respect to employment matters and other phases of employer-temporary employee relationships will be in keeping with this policy and in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.