The Environmental Planner assists with the preparation of the full range of California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) documents and permit applications. The Environmental Planner will work collaboratively with Sagecrest's Environmental Services team in Southern California on a wide variety of projects including residential, mixed-use, commercial, industrial, and infill development projects.Description
Sagecrest Planning+Environmental is seeking an Environmental Planner with between 2 and 6 years of professional consulting experience conducting environmental analyses for a consulting firm. The responsibilities for this position include: the preparation of environmental analysis documents, review and interpretation of technical reports, literature review and research, and document writing and editing. This position requires the candidate to possess a Bachelor's in environmental science, urban planning, or related field. The candidate must have current experience and knowledge of CEQA, including recent legislative updates; local, regional, State, and federal requirements; and other environmental and planning regulations/laws. Excellent writing, research, analytical, interpersonal communication, and time management skills are required.Duties and Responsibilities
· Prepare technically sound and legally defensible analyses and environmental impact assessment documents, including technical writing, analysis, review, and quality control, in compliance with CEQA
· Ability to write Categorical Exemptions, Initial Studies, Mitigated Negative Declarations, Environment Impact Report sections, and all required notices
Education and Essential Skills
- Performance of occasional site visits, research, data collection, and technical writing
- Project management support including coordination with interdisciplinary technical experts and subconsultants
- Assistance with marketing and proposals in pursuit of future work opportunities
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a larger project team
- Other duties as assigned.
About Sagecrest Planning+Environmental
- Bachelor's degree in environmental studies, environmental planning, or a related field
- Minimum 2 years of experience in planning, environmental science, environmental engineering, or a related field
- Knowledge of CEQA fundamentals
- Outstanding technical writing, research, and analytical skills, with a high attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and in a highly collaborative environment with other team members
- Proactive, self-motivated, and solutions oriented
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
Sagecrest is comprised of a diverse group of planning professionals who fulfill three core functions for our public and private sector clients: Entitlement Services, Planning Consulting, and Environmental Planning Services. Sagecrest is based in San Juan Capistrano and serves clients in Orange, San Diego, Riverside, San Bernardino, and Los Angeles Counties. The American Planning Association (APA), Orange Section, recognized Sagecrest as the 2018 Emerging Planning & Design Firm and the CA State Chapter and the Orange Section awarded Sagecrest the 2019 Grassroots Initiative Award. Sagecrest offers a competitive compensation package with medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401k, available add-on disability, accident critical illness and other insurance and paid time off.