Yoh has an exciting opportunity for a PhD level Scientist
with expertise in Biological Engineering/Synthetic Biologyto join our Client's team in San Diego, CA
. This well-funded, highly-buzz-about Biotech Startup is focused on developing targeted gene therapies for aging and age-related diseases.
See below for complete job responsibilities and requirements. If after reviewing, you are interested in learning more about this, or other opportunities in Biotech, please apply with your updated resume ASAP. Title:
Scientist - Molecular/Synthetic Biology Salary
: Competitive/generous Location:
San Diego, CA Type:
Full time, direct hire; open to consultants Responsibilities:
- Setting, completing and updating milestones related to main project
- Performing cell culture and virus creation and purification when needed
- Management and oversight of CRO's to conduct animal or other experiments
- Performing standard and advanced cloning techniques
- Designing and executing experiments, independently and in conjunction with a small team in support of research studies
- Following laboratory protocols and safety regulations.
- Performing detailed and accurate documentation of all experiments and laboratory practices.
- Accountable for on-time, high quality results and clearly communicating progress.
- Ph.D. in virology, biology, biochemistry, microbiology, biomedical engineering, bioengineering or related field required.
- Experience with large library screens
- Experience with NGS and single cell analysis preferred
- 2+ years of industry experience preferred.
- Experience managing a team of people and working between different groups.
- Proven ability to define a project goal and work independently or in a group setting to achieve it.
- Strong work ethic, communication skills and goal-oriented personality.