The Regional EMS Manager is a position with the Southern Timberlands Business for Weyerhaeuser and covers the Mississippi/Alabama and Mississippi/Louisiana Regions. It is a full-time, exempt position. Strong preference is to office out of Meridian, MS or Hattiesburg, MS. Consideration will be given to MS/AL or MS/LA area offices for internal candidates. Background
: This position is responsible for alignment and implementation of environmental support functions across the regional footprints of Mississippi/Alabama and Mississippi/Louisiana Regions encompassing approximately 2.0 million acres as well as for leading the rollout and implementation of SFI and BMP programs and other, compliance initiatives for the regions. This position is one of 4 EMS Managers, each supporting operations at the region or multi-region level across Weyerhaeusers ownership in Southern Timberlands. The EMS team works closely with other environmental functions providing support on emerging environmental issues, wildlife research and conservation agreements. Key Functions:
- Provide environmental support and oversight on regulatory and compliance standards for forest management operations
- Lead Weyerhaeuser SFI external audits
- Represent the organization in key state environmental committees
- Lead in the interpretation and implementation of the SFI and Weyerhaeusers Environmental Management Plan (EMP)
- Provide expertise in state BMP regulations and implementation
- Conduct investigations of environmental incidents
- Build and develop collaborative relationships with internal teams and external partners to achieve results
- Commit to, and champion, Weyerhaeuser's vision and core values that include safety, integrity, citizenship, and sustainability
- Most travel will be confined within the two regions and will require some overnight stays to fully support operations. Travel outside of your respective region to other locations in Southern Timberlands is generally limited to 3 to 4 times per year for 2 to 3 nights at a time.
- Bachelors degree (or higher) in Forestry, Biology, Hydrology or related field
- At least 5 years of work experience in environmental management, environmental compliance or forest certification
- Demonstrated excellence in creating and executing large-scale environmental compliance programs that support and direct operations
- Ability to lead a cross-functional team and achieve high level performance on SFI certification audits
- Willingness and ability to work on and network within key environmental committees and groups
- Willing to travel frequently and work remotely across a multistate region
- Environmental and safety champion
- Ability to inspire and lead a diverse team of people across multiple business functions to achieve and exceed environmental expectations while focusing on safety, production and continual improvement
- Excellent communication skills, technical writing skills associated with policy and program development, ability to build strong working relationships
- Intermediate computer skills, including Microsoft Office and ArcMap
We believe trees are a remarkable resource that can and should be managed responsibly to make a range of products that meet human needs, while also providing recreation, wildlife habitat, and other important ecosystem benefits. For more than a century, we've been taking care of forests to make life better.
Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. Inclusion is one of our five core values and we strive to maintain a culture where all our people feel a sense of belonging, opportunity and shared purpose. We are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce and supporting an equitable and inclusive environment that inspires people of all backgrounds to join, stay and thrive with our team.