Environmental Health & Safety Director
City Light & Power (CLP) is a company at the forefront of the modern-day electric utility industry. We support the Federal Government in the area of military installations and their electrical distribution systems, as well as with local municipalities in the area of street lighting systems.
Location: CLP Corporate Office
Employment Type: Full Time - Salary
Lead overall EH&S program for CLP ensuring compliance with all regulations. Partner with the location managers, safety coordinators, and HR to enforce company environmental, health, and safety policies and procedures. Primary objective of this position is to ensure the safety of the employees, customers, and environment.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
* Manage maintenance and implementation of safety programs, compliance plans, and initiatives at all locations.
* Present as a visible leader, influencing, and motivating while displaying the highest standards of CLP EH&S.
* Drive continuous improvement through development and execution of EH&S program aligned with policies and procedures working closely with Company Safety Steering Team.
* Participate in the investigation of incidents, near misses, and damage incidents. Ensure follow-up is done to minimize future exposure and proper records/documents are maintained.
* Conduct, coordinate, and track training of the Company EH&S Program.
* Conduct routine safety observations to ensure compliance with regulatory agencies, company EH&S program, and policies and procedures.
* Identify potentially hazardous biological, chemical and radiological materials.
* Ensure the Company meets all its legislative compliance obligations with OSHA, CAL/OSHA, EPA, AQMD, ADA, and fire codes.
* Keep abreast of any safety and environmental law or regulation changes that impact the organization.
* Maintain and file documentation needed for reporting to controlling agencies.
* Oversee Company Commercial Fleet and ensure compliance.
* Able to interpret environmental permit requirements.
* Evaluate contractors through the Subcontractor Approval Request process and make recommendations for risk mitigation.
* Maintain and oversee company DOT program and CDL driving records.
* Travel to off-site locations to conduct safety inspections and perform training.
* Report safety and environmental issues to management.
* Other duties as assigned.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Skills and Qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree required; degree in occupational health and safety preferred.
* 7-10 years' experience safety experience required.
* Utility High Voltage safety experience preferred.
* Experience working with Unions preferred.
* Knowledge of OSHA, MSHA, DOT, and EPA rules and regulations required.
* Proficiency with computer software including Excel, Word, and Outlook is required.
* Certification or ability to become certified in OSHA30, OSHA 500 Train the Trainer, 510 OSHA training, fall protection, Excavation, Flagger, Confined Space, Scaffold, Crane Safety, Lock Out/Tag Out Training required.
* Able to effectively communicate both safety and environmental training topics required.
* Experience in accident management and prevention programs required.
* This position will oversee the EH&S Team.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
* This is a full-time exempt position. Office hours of work are Monday through Friday. The ability and availability to travel, attend meetings and functions outside typical business hours required.
* Approximately 50% travel to field locations required.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance:
* You must be a US Citizen. Military Base Security Clearance is required for this position. Valid driver's license required with a record that meets the CLP Fleet Policy.
* CLP offers an excellent benefits package including; health, dental, life insurance, 401(k), profit sharing, Paid Time Off, and holidays. For more details, refer to the current year Benefits Packet.
* Salary: $100,000 - $150,000 based on experience
* we reserve the right to pay more or less than the posted salary range based on factors unrelated to sex.
To learn more visit our website at www.clpinc.com
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.