Job Title: Scientist IV
Location: Santa Clara, CA
Position Type: Contract
Client: Roche Pharmaceuticals
Description: Principal Scientist-I Process Development
• Client's Sequencing Solutions is a fast moving, highly technical team of people with the ambitious goal of disrupting Next Generation DNA Sequencing. Our technology fuses active biological and solid-state elements to bring single molecule-based sequence detection to scale. Developing this unique platform requires expertise across a range of fields: Software Engineering, Data Science, Information Theory, Biophysics, Biology, Chemistry, Protein Engineering, Digital and Analog Circuit Design, and Electrochemistry, just to name a few.
• Client is looking for a highly motivated, passionate and team-oriented individual with laboratory experience in purifying and assaying proteins. They will be working as part of our BioProduction team in purifying proteins, making reagents and characterizing components of our sequencing technology. The individual must be careful, meticulous and pay attention to detail. Experience in protein purification, characterizing DNA polymerase and/or membrane proteins, generation and qualification or reagents is required.
• The candidate will work as part of a small protein production team for the manufacturing of proteins and reagents. As part of the activity, the individual will help in the editing and documentation of Work Instructions, Batch Records and Test methods. The candidate will work on scaling up protein production protocols, developing analytical methods for characterizing proteins and reagents, writing QC protocols and setting specifications. Along with the entire group, the candidate will also manufacture reagents for the R & D staff.
• Reagent production and characterization for NGS platform development
• Quality control and leading production related troubleshooting efforts
• Clear Communication between various sites
• Purification of DNA polymerases and membrane proteins using FPLC
• Characterizing DNA, polymerases and membrane proteins, including running SDS PAGE, HPLC chromatography, DLS, DSF, CE and other physical biochemical methods
• Tracking QC results, documenting and writing up production protocols Job
• Ph.D. with 1-2 years equivalent experience in biochemistry, chemistry, molecular biology or related discipline. Candidates with a M.S. or B.S. degree and significant industrial experience will also be considered.
• Strong familiarity with using chromatography methods such as ion exchange, gel filtration, and affinity columns, etc. Using AKTA, and analytical HPLC instruments such as Infinite 1260, etc. is a required
• Previous work with developing and executing DNA polymerase assays
• Demonstrated experience with protein conjugation techniques, protein-protein attachment, and fluorescent labeling
• Previous exposure to protein structural and functional analysis and characterization techniques such as DLS, DSF, fluorescent spectroscopy, CD, ELISA, MS, etc. is a plus
• Demonstrated meticulous documentation capabilities
• Demonstrated strong analytical skills with methodical approaches to trouble-shooting
• Experience in writing and following Work Instructions, Batch Records and Standard
• Operating Procedures is a plus
• Demonstrated critical thinking and meticulous attention to detail
• Strong oral and written communication skills is a must.
• Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
Company DescriptionMaxisIT® is the Clinical Software Organization & only Integrated Software Platform for Biopharmaceutical industry.