Job DescriptionJones Technical Institute (J-Tech) is a Non-profit Trade school located in Jacksonville, FL and we are searching for Instructors for its day & evening Programs. Due to increased demand for these courses, we have a host of Full and Part-time day and/or evening schedules. Retired Marine Technicians that wish to develop the next generation of technicians are encouraged to apply.
Adjunct Instructors are compensated at a rate of $25/hour. Each class runs 8 - 9 hours per week for 11 weeks. We operate on a quarterly basis. Those not able to 100% commit for 11 weeks need not apply.
Full Time Instructors are compensated annually and the salary is commensurate with previous teaching experience.Benefits
- Employer Paid Short and Long Term Disability
- Insurance Benefits
Qualifications and Certifications
- Read, understand and comply with the Instructor Handbook
- Follow the curriculum in a logical and timely manner
- Utilize all of the tools, materials, media etc. to effectively instruct the class
- Ensure that all students are competent on a given topic before moving on to another
- Evaluate and grade individual students based on their performance in the classroom and the lab
- Maintain a safe work environment, both in the classroom and in the lab, for the students
- Communicates effectively and professionally with colleagues and students
- Successful candidates will possess at least 4 years of active experience in the realm of working as a Marine Technician.
- While teaching experience is not required, an ability to convey concepts in the written and verbal fields is desirable
- Dynamic and "edu-taining" personality is preferred as our students typically work before or after class.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary, Contract
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.