JOB TITLE: Biologist II
LOCATION: Worcester, MA
DURATION: 6 Months contract on w2
Bachelors Degree in general biology with a focus in a specific discipline (i.e. cell biology, microbiology, molecular biology).
Some experience in that discipline 2-4 years preferred.
Familiarity with GMP and GLP and good documentation skills.
Are you open to look at candidates willing to relocate? > Yes
Years of experience/education and/or certifications required: BS + 0-2 years
What are the top 3-5 skills requirements should this person have?
1. cell culture
3. Excellent communication skills
4. Excellent interpersonal skills
5. Excellent organization skills
What is nice to have (but not required) regarding skills, requirements, experience, education, or certification?
Experience working with epithelial cells/endothelial cells/fibroblasts preferred
Experience in medium-throughput screening of small molecules and biologics preferred
Proficiency in data reporting and analysis software preferred
Experience working in a team environment to achieve goals and timelines
What type of environment is this person working in?
Founded in 1998 and headquartered in Farmington Hills, MI, Kyyba has a global presence delivering high-quality resources and top-notch recruiting services, enabling businesses to effectively respond to organizational changes and technological advances.
At Kyyba, the overall well-being of our employees and their families is important to us. We are proud of our work culture which embodies our core values; incorporating value, passion, excellence, empowerment, and happiness, creates a vibrant and productive atmosphere. We empower our employees with the resources, incentives, and flexibility that they need to support a healthy, balanced, and fulfilling career by providing many valuable benefits and a balanced compensation structure combined with career development.
Kyyba is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Kyyba does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Medical, dental, vision
Voluntary life and disability insurance
Optional Pre-paid legal plan
Optional Identity theft plan
Optional Medical and dependent FSA
Opportunity for advancement
Long-term assignment with opportunity for hire by client
- An INC 5000 company for 10 years
- Corp! Michigan Economic Bright Spots
- Crain's Detroit Business Top Staffing Service Companies in Detroit
- TechServe Alliance Excellence Award- IT and Engineering Staffing & Solutions
- Best of MichBusiness winner in HR Wizards & Partnerships
- Metro Detroit Elite Category: Recruitment, Selection & Orientation for 101 Best & Brightest
- 101 Best & Brightest Companies to Work for in Michigan
- Safeguard or enhance wildlife habitat quality
- Lay out projects for wildlife habitat improvement
- Identify and monitor species in the field
- Implementing fisheries assessments and monitoring programs
- Conducting wildlife surveys, operation of hunter check stations during hunting seasons, biological water chemistry monitoring for aquatic wildlife, collecting and processing of wildlife data and review
- Examining biological specimens microscopically to determine genera and species
- Conducting or leading biological monitoring for construction/restoration projects
- Involve supporting environmental document project managers by conducting habitat/special-status species surveys and assessments, related research and preparing biological resource reports that include impact analyzes
- Proven experience in freshwater fisheries biology
- Conducting or leading biology surveys, including vegetation mapping, jurisdictional delineations, and/or focused species surveys
- Conducting or leading biology surveys, including biological reconnaissance, vegetation mapping, rare plant surveys, jurisdictional delineations, focused species surveys and/or pre-construction clearance surveys
- Providing biological control and monitoring programs
- Conducting military impacts to wildlife and habitat
- Involve interpretation of fish and fish habitat surveys, environmental effects monitoring programs, sea bird surveys, marine mammal surveys, benthic habitat surveys, botanical and wildlife surveys
- Conducting a variety of field surveys, including plant surveys, aquatic surveys, water quality monitoring, and wildlife surveys
- Provide advice and support of coral sampling and related efforts for projects within the marine environment
- Conduct appropriate field and literature research together with other Cardno
- Involve fisheries, wildlife, botanical, or wetland resources
- Assist in implementing mitigation monitoring plans
- Assist with conducting biological pre-construction surveys for nesting birds and sensitive species