Yoh is seeking an experienced Computational Biologist
to support our Agricultural Client in Saint Louis, MO for a six-month contract with possibility of extension. You will be assisting the Research and Development Operations team with their research tasks and logging data.Hours: 8-5; Monday - FridayIndustry: AgriculturalLocation: St. Louis, MO or RemoteType: ContractResponsibilities
- Design and perform population genetics, phylogenetics analysis on NGS genotype data using State-of-the-Art bioinformatics tools based on the project requirements in time.
- Process RNA-seq, metabolites data for gene differential expression, co-expression, GO term enrichment, metabolites profiling.
- Generate analysis summarization and research report to internal stakeholders and external partners.
- Master or Ph.D. in Plant Genetics, Genomics, Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Molecular Breeding or closely related field
- 2-5 years of experience in Computational Biology, Bioinformatics, Quantitative Genetics, Breeding or closely related field
- Must have experience working with cloud computing platforms (AWS, Azure)
- Experience working with plants or crops is highly preferred
- Experience working with QTL Mapping, Genomic Selection, NAM population design is preferred
- Knowledge in plant breeding is a plus
Yoh, a Day & Zimmermann company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Visit https://www.yoh.com/applicants-with-disabilities to contact us if you are an individual with a disability and require accommodation in the application process.Company DescriptionInvestment Management Company