Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment and pharmaceutical products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the key emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing in Europe and the USA.
Group's key figures (as of March 2019) are approx. 3.8 billion Euros turnover, over 800 laboratories across 47 countries and about 45,000 staff. Job DescriptionEmployee Responsibilities:
QualificationsThe Ideal Candidate would possess:
- Analyze routine and non-routine samples and their associated quality control samples by gas chromatography/HPLC or other
- Review and report the corresponding data
- Maintain, optimize, and calibrate equipment (functions are to be performed in an efficient manner with a high degree of accuracy and quality)
- Assist in organization of related departmental work and in sample preparation (as required) to consistently meet client turnaround time requirements
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
- Bachelor's degree in chemistry, biology, industrial hygiene, physics, or other related degree concentration, or equivalent directly-related experience (two years of directly related industry experience is equivalent to one full-time year of college in related major) and one to three years relevant experience in this field
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time Monday-Friday 8 a.m.- 5 pm, with overtime as needed. Train Mon- Fri 7 am- 3 pm for about 3-4 months. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of West Sacramento, CA are encouraged to apply.
What we Offer:
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays