Position: Biology Expert I Location: Rockville, MD Duration: 11 months (Possible Extension)
8-12week training that is 1st shift (M-F; 8am -5pm)
After training, converts to 2pm- 10:30pm (10% increase in pay) Job Description:
- All roles related to the clinical and non-clinical development of competitive products and solutions. Activities include, all aspects of research, technology development, product development, solution development and testing. Initiates, directs and executes scientific research and/or development related to Biology, Biochemistry and Virology.
- Investigates feasibility applying a wide variety of scientific principles and concepts to inventions, products, and problems.
- IMPACT: Impacts the results of own team with own contributions.
- COMPLEXITY: Performs routine assignments using existing procedures OR works autonomously within established procedures and practices that require knowledge of concepts and procedures within a job discipline OR specialized technical expertise within an analytical/scientific method or operational process.
- ACCOUNTABILITY/ INDEPENDENCE: Accountable for the quality of own work. Receives instruction, guidance and direction from more senior level roles.
- Typically, graduate background with little professional experience. Non-graduate jobholders require a substantial amount of professional experience and additional qualifications that also provides exposure to fundamental theories, principles and concepts for a defined period of time based on organizational set-up (there is not necessarily a difference in role level between a manager and its direct reports
BS or AS degree and 1-2 yrs experience, or HS Diploma/equivalent and 5+ yrs experience