Primarily responsible for managing Environmental, Health and Safety for multiple facilities. This includes the review, implementation, monitoring, and compliance of the Neovia EHS systems to ensure safety of staff, visitors and contractors in line with current Health and Safety guidelines and associated legislation.
- Manages Environmental, Health and Safety across mutliple facilities.
- Proactively collaborates on Health and Safety projects, across all various Operations sites.
- Reviews and audits the EHS management system, seeking opportunities for continuous improvement
- Provides guidance on EHS matters to site employees
- Reduces EHS risks, e.g. recommending suitable adaptations to machinery, processes, work areas, and conducting facility wide Risk Assessments
- Ensures robust site reporting regimes are in place for EHS statistics
- Provides management with information and statistics relating to EHS
- Investigates accidents and injuries in line with statutory requirements. Ensures all incident records are of a standard to effectively respond to company liability insurance claims
- Investigates and provides and interprets information required by insurance brokers relating to claims
- Provides training for new hires and current employees as required
- Maintains company EHS and MHE related training records
- Acts as liaison, communicates, reports and accompanies onsite governing body inspections
- Manages and leads onsite EHS employee meetings, provides minutes and drives action plans to ensure timely closure of issues
- Communicates current EHS related legislation and amendments and recommends appropriate actions to site management
- Develops, implements and maintains an effective audit program for EHS
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- Certified Safety Professional certification is a plus
- Minimum 5 years previous EHS experience
- Extensive EHS employment experience, ideally gained in a logistics environment,
- Flexible approach to work, and possess the initiative to manage own priorities and workload.
- Willing to support activities across 3 shift Operations when required
- Able to effectively lead and manage Safety initiatives, and employee meetings
- Possess excellent communication and influencing skills
- Comfortable communicating at all levels within a large organization,
- Demonstrable record of driving significant safety culture change throughout an operation
- Work is primarily sedentary. Sits comfortably to do the work; however, there may be some walking, standing, bending, or lifting item weighing up to 15 pounds.