Allied BioScience is dedicated to saving life with revolutionary science. We do this by developing innovative solutions to create cleaner human environments. We specialize in disruptive, always-on antimicrobial coatings that provide continuous and long-lasting surface protection across public spaces. Our vision is to save lives and reduce the global burden of infectious disease through the applications of coatings that interfere with the propagation and transmission of microorganisms we encounter in our daily lives.
We are growing and looking to add several new team members due to our rapid growth. We're currently seeking an experienced Director/VP, Clinical Epidemiologist / Microbiologist to join our team in Plano, TX.
A s the Clinical Epidemiologist / Microbiologist, your daily duties will consist of:
- Providing strategic research leadership in consultation with clients and leads development of research questions and study design for field interventional studies. Serve as a thought leader for projects, which includes knowing the issues that impact clients, translate ideas into feasible and robust research studies, and crafting appropriate communication of research findings (abstracts, posters, manuscripts) in collaboration with Marketing and Sales
- Developing original research ideas that are feasible and scientifically robust, so that a steady pipeline of active projects is maintained
- Extending and managing current external network of infection control experts and CROs.
- Preparing significant internal and external papers/communications recommending applications of the company products in infection control programs in multiple verticals based on the best field performance data and information from the public health and medical literature
- Presenting the company's epidemiology expertise to prospective clients and support business development activities, including proposal development
- Establishing a long-range vision for program structure and development within the context of the larger vision for new products
- Representing the interests of the Company to infection control professional, clients meetings, symposia and trade shows.
- Performing related work as required
As the Clinical Epidemiologist / Microbiologist, your background should include:
- PhD or MS from an accredited college or university in epidemiology, public health, medical technology, veterinary medicine, preventive medicine, biological, physical, behavioral or environmental sciences.
- Must have at least three courses in epidemiology, statistical design and methods
- MBA desired
- MPH desired
- At least 5 yr experience in epidemiology/microbiology
- Experience studying infection control through environmental interventions
- Experience advising on research design and analysis within healthcare settings as well as outside this environment.
- Experience and familiarity with quantitative and qualitative research methods
- Experience in working with external experts and CROs
- Solid written and verbal communication skills, as well as proficiency in scientific writing
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, with excellent time-management skills, and the ability to manage multiple projects and deliver on tight deadlines.
- Solid initiative and the willingness to wear multiple hats.
- Prioritize effectively and coordinate multiple deliverables simultaneously.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively interact with team members and leaders.
If you're interested in hearing more about this incredible opportunity at a growing biotech company, then apply today and let's chat!
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans.