We are seeking a Market Research Manager to support Nice Insight, the research division of That's Nice serving B2B clients across various parts of the biopharmaceutical supply chain, ranging from R&D and laboratory services, to clinical trials, drug manufacturing and supply chain logistics.
The Market Research Manager (MRM) will formulate a strategy for successful client project implementation, coordinating with other staff and vendors as needed for qualitative, quantitative and secondary research.
In addition, the MRM will research and track global drug pipelines, existing and developing drug research, FDA and EMA drug approvals, as well as the competitive landscape for specific manufacturing service providers via IMS, Medtrack, Datamonitor and other research and data sources.
The successful candidate will have an established track record of complex problem-solving, strong analytical capabilities, including a working knowledge of quantitative research methodologies, and the ability to write questionnaires addressing specific research objectives.
* Develop, analyze and implement a broad spectrum of data collected from custom surveys and annual research, including agency of record (AOR) clients.
* Perform desk research and source-related secondary research.
* Analyze and report custom research data within assigned timelines, while helping to identify brand positioning and key messaging to communicate to the target audience.
* Manage key FTE/PTE (full-time/ part-time equivalent) research accounts by performing market research data gathering, analysis and report generation.
* Perform additional internal administrative tasks (department organization, filing, backup).
* Attend select trade shows and client presentations.
* Write articles to be published in Pharma's Almanac, a Nice Insight quarterly publication, and/or partner magazines about topics that are of interest to the pharmaceutical community.
* Develop and implement research methodologies and data collection systems that optimize statistical efficiency and data quality.
* Highly developed written and verbal communication skills.
* Basic understanding of the different stages of research, development and manufacturing of biopharmaceuticals products.
* Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Excel with the ability to work (and enjoy working) with large volumes of data to discern important trends.
* Eagerness to convert findings into actionable strategies that can positively impact sales.
* Comfort presenting data to business partners as requested.
* Master's degree in science (biology, chemistry, biotechnology, pharmaceuticals or research); prior research experience and Ph.D. a plus.
* The MRM role is based at our office on Fifth Avenue, near Union Square in New York, NY.
* This role is office-based, in an open space with other staff, visitors in and out and occasionally music playing, which creates a lively environment. The successful candidate must be comfortable that they can work effectively on content development in these circumstances.
* The MRM will need to read, understand and follow standard office practices, procedures and policies.
* That's Nice LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Hours, Remuneration & Benefits
* Basic hours of work are five days per week (Mon-Fri), 9am - 6.30pm, with 1 hour lunch. Additional hours may be necessary at times to complete projects under deadlines.
* Nine public holiday days across the year are observed with office closure.
* Bonus: Performance-based financial bonuses
* Benefits: Eligibility after 12 weeks probationary period (Aetna health plans, dental plans, vision plans, life insurance, disability plans, AD&D plans, commuter benefit options)
* Vacation: 15 paid days annually, earned after 12 week probation (pro-rated to calendar year)
* Sickness: 5 paid days annually, earned after 12 week probation (pro-rated to calendar year)
About That's Nice
That's Nice, LLC. is a New York City science marketing agency of 30+ people providing market research, strategic positioning and brand-focused marketing to meet the needs of clients in pharmaceutical development, healthcare and associated segments.
How To Apply
For immediate and confidential consideration, please email your resume and work samples. We regret that we are only able to respond to those selected for an interview.
Market Research Analysis Director