At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision - transforming patients' lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease - and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry - each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global Biopharma company committed to a single mission: to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines focused on helping millions of patients around the world in disease areas such as oncology, cardiovascular, immunology, and fibrosis.
Join us and make a difference. We hire the best people and provide them with a work environment that places a premium on diversity, integrity, collaboration, and personal development. Through a culture of inclusion, we create a better, more productive work environment. We believe that the diverse experiences and perspectives of all our employees help to drive innovation and transformative business results.
We have an exciting opening at our Alewife Cambridge site for an intern to perform laboratory work developing general methods that could be used to enable early discovery activities.
The Chemical Biology group located at the Alewife Cambridge, MA site, is seeking a skilled and motivated scientist with experience in various aspects of molecular and cell biology. The Chemical Biology Group at BMS focuses on several key areas, including but not limited to: New target identification, target validation, elucidating drug mechanism of action, molecular basis of disease states, and the assessment and development of novel modalities for use in drug discovery. The successful candidate will provide novel pharmaceutical candidates and assay data for use within these areas of research. This position would be focused on the validation and execution of cellular and molecular biology assays, including cell proliferation, cell signaling, immunoprecipitation, and Western blots, as well as some synthetic chemistry.
- Possesses cell-based and biochemical assay development experience with a variety of readout technologies such as HTRF, ELISA, and/or immunofluorescence
- Collaborates alongside a cross-functional team that includes chemical biologists, chemists, biochemists, and proteomics experts to develop new technologies, discover new targets, and provide solutions for project teams. Experience working in this environment is a plus.
- Excellent communication, record keeping, presentation, collaboration and organizational skills are required
Qualifications & Experience
- Trained in molecular and cell biology
- Experience independently generating precise, reliable data and analysis
- Hands-on experience in cell culture and characterization of cells from human and animal tissues desired
- Two years of cell biology and/or molecular biology course work at the college level, a strong academic record (≥ 3.0 GPA), and at least three semesters of laboratory course work and/or research
- Self-motivated to learn and contribute, demonstrated examples of independent productivity and team-based interpersonal skills
- Enthusiasm for science, laboratory work and drug discovery
- Prior laboratory experience in the academic setting and/or biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.