Senior Scientist, Biology
Regular Full-Time# of Openings:
Research & Development
Vibliome TherapueticsOverviewJob Title:
Sr. Scientist, BiologyReport To:
Principal Scientist, Cell and Chemical BiologyLocation:
Bozeman, MT or remotePosition Summary:
Vibliome Therapeutics, a dynamic, venture-backed biotechnology company, is dedicated to the discovery and early-stage development of small molecule kinase inhibitors with unique inhibition selectivity profiles for the treatment of cancer and immune disorders. The company uses structure-based design methods to explore distinctive compound binding modes across the kinome. Vibliome is seeking a motivated and experienced Sr. Scientist who is fluent in cellular assay and animal model experimental design, kinase signaling pathways, and contract research organization management experience. The role will report to Vibliome's Head of Biology as a key cross-functional team member dedicated to the advancement of high quality, preclinical drug candidates.
Vibliome is located in Bozeman, MT, ranked number one in the US for economic strength out of 551 micropolitan areas in the US (Policom) in both 2018 and 2019. Home to a world-class research university, Bozeman has also been ranked among the Best 20 towns (Outside Magazine), the 7th most educated city in the United States (AdvisorSmith), the Top 25 ski towns in the world (National Geographic), and the top 5 best college towns for skiers (Powder Magazine). Bozeman is located next to Yellowstone National Park in the stunning Rocky Mountains of Southwest Montana.
For more information on Vibliome, please see our website, www.vibliome.com.ResponsibilitiesKey Duties:
- Routine bioassay data analysis, quality control and interpretation.
- Aid in the assessment, choice, management, and strategic oversight of biology CROs.
- Design, implement, troubleshoot, and optimize key outsourced cell-based experiments and animal models to differentiate, evaluate, and optimize lead molecules.
- Facilitate data integration into Vibliome's internal database.
- Communicate and present experimental developments and results at project review meetings.
- Work interactively with Vibliome's chemistry design team and compound management team to maintain efficient project workflows.
- Ph.D. in chemical biology, immunology, cancer cell biology, or a related field with a minimum of 5 years of experience post-Ph.D. in an academic and/or (bio)pharmaceutical setting.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills applied to the creative identification, evaluation, and validation of biological pathways.
- Experience in developing and working with both cell-based and animal models of cancer, fibrosis, and/or immunological disorders for the evaluation of small molecules.
- Experience in models to evaluate pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics and toxicology of experimental therapeutics is desirable in this role.
- Strong oral/written communication skills and an excellent team player.
- Experience in managing outsourced assay work.
Vibliome provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to religion, race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, alienage or citizenship status, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, disability, veteran or military status, predisposing genetic characteristics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.