Are you passionate about the environment and want to work in beautiful Upstate New York? The Kesselring Site is conveniently located 20 minutes from historic downtown Saratoga Springs, 30 minutes from the six million acre Adirondack Park and a three hour drive from New York City, Montreal and Boston!
The Naval Nuclear Laboratory, a global company who supports the World's Best Navy, is looking to expand their Environmental Engineering team. We are seeking an engineer with a background in environmental regulations and implementation who is willing to join a dynamic workplace and a great team! Our challenging work involves a combination of field sampling, surveillances, regulatory submittal preparation and review and maintenance of our local environmental procedures.
What Do We Do?:
• Perform development of and/or follow programs or projects to ensure compliance with operational, design, regulatory and Naval Reactors Program requirements. Examples include performing work document reviews, engineering evaluations, or analyses to support assigned tasks.
• Provide subject matter expertise in environmental program areas to support safe and compliant execution of work activities. The environmental program scopes includes areas such as stormwater, wastewater and waste permits, a drinking water system, sanitary treatment plant, wetlands, air emissions, spill response and chemical management.
• Provide interface, independent oversight and assessment of NNL, subcontractor and vendor facility operations, material evaluations, design reviews, review of engineering methods, participation in development of innovative ideas and oversight of major site system and facility operations.
• Preparation and maintenance of records and reports to meet regulatory and Naval Reactors Program requirements, evaluate and assess site performance, perform surveillances, clarify and implement regulatory requirements, prepare, review and approve technical work procedures and identify improvements to existing processes.
• Lead inspections and interface with outside regulatory agencies (e.g. NYSDEC, EPA, and NYSDOH).
Why This Could be the Job for You?
We are looking for someone who values being part of a team, who is able to apply their subject matter expertise in complex and dynamic situations, and is willing to develop innovative solutions to meet our Program needs while maintaining strict compliance to all requirements. We are looking for an engineer with that unique combination of engineering prowess and leadership skills to make sure the job gets done and done right.
The ideal candidate:
• Enjoys jumping from helping to solve technical problems by providing the regulatory framework for potential solutions to performing filed surveillances and validating the regulatory milestones of on-site projects,
• Demonstrates the ability to effectively work in a team environment across organizational departments,
• Will bring their experience to challenge current processes to improve efficiency while maintaining the agility to adapt to a unique work environment,
• Is self-driven, with the organizational skills to ensure deadlines are met while overseeing multiple environmental program areas.