Wilson Construction Company has an immediate opening for an Environmental Scientist based in Chester, Virginia. The Environmental Department specializes in environmental permitting and compliance management as it relates to the electrical utility construction industry. Our team brings expertise to construction projects in the areas of permitting, onsite inspection and monitoring, erosion and sediment control implementation, mitigation planning, restoration and revegetation, and environmental training.
Candidate must be highly motivated, client-focused, and work well in a professional and team-oriented environment. Excellent written and verbal communication, client interaction and organizational skills, as well as proficiency with MS Office applications required.
This position will spend a large portion of time in the field at construction sites.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Conduct field monitoring and inspection for environmental compliance (hydrocarbon spills, erosion and sediment control, sensitive resource mitigation).
* Conduct environmental training for construction crews;
* Develop plans to meet mitigation requirements;
* Oversee subcontractor restoration efforts;
* Develop, implement, and monitor restoration;
* Track and provide input for bids and projects;
* Obtain environmental permits and write environmental plans, including Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plans;
* Estimate project environmental costs; and
* Interaction and effective communication with all levels of Project Management staff, field superintendents, clients, and vendors.
* Bachelor's degree in Environmental Science, Geology, Natural Resources, Biology, or another related field.
* Work experience in a related/relevant field (storm water, geology, hydrology, biology, etc.).
* Experience conducting and documenting field work.
* Capable of performing strenuous fieldwork and walking long distances.
* Environmental permitting experience preferred.
* Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with various levels of staff and personality types.
* Proficiency in MS Office.
* Strong attention to detail and organization.
* Must be able to work outside and travel, as necessary.
* Must have a valid state driver's license.
This position requires a candidate that thrives in high-pressure, fast-paced environments due to a high volume of work, tight deadlines, and our dedication to customer satisfaction. Candidates must be able to work on projects in a team environment and maintain strong working relationships with co-workers and customers.
Competitive salary and excellent benefits package including employer paid medical, dental, vision, 401(k), personal time off and holiday pay.
Wilson Construction Co. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Smoke & drug free environment. Successful candidates will be required to pass post-offer and random drug tests.
To apply, please submit your cover letter & resume via our website through the Opportunities page:
No phone calls please.
No agency referrals please.