High Salary, Excellent Benefits, 401k, Bonuses and MORE!
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Juan Correa
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply on company site" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $120,000 - $140,000 per yearA bit about us:
We are a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 8,000 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.Why join us?
- Competitive Salary
- Great Benefits
- 401 K match
- Flexible work schedule
We are looking for a Staff Scientist for the Reagents Manufacturing Process Development team. The scientist will execute cross-functional projects related to development and continuous improvement for our product lines. These include qPCR, droplet digital PCR reagents, food safety testing reagents, the Bio-Plex suspension array system, pre-cast electrophoresis gels, and general molecular biology reagents.
The Manufacturing Development Scientist is responsible for representing the Manufacturing team as a part of new product development and manufacturing transfer projects. This individual is responsible for implementing process improvements to standardize and improve existing manufacturing and QC processes.
- Represent and lead Manufacturing Operations on new product development and manufacturing transfer teams. Collaborate with key stake holders from R&D to operations functions to ensure projects are managed on-time, robust, and cost-effective transfer of new products into manufacturing.
- Lead & establish project plans to ensure deliverables are completed to customer's expectations, using project management tools (e.g., Project Action Plan, Risk Analysis, etc.)
- Lead and/or manage projects that comprise team members from cross functional areas
- Design experiments to meet requirements, support manufacturing and transfer both internal and external processes.
- Participate in the verification and validation of new process improvements.
- Requires strong problem solving skills, technical proficiency, collaboration with key stake holders and ability to work independently.
- Investigate material issues and determine root cause. Provide cost effective solution.
- Extensive experience in method and process development; validation and scale-up.
- Provide troubleshooting support for both manufacturing and QC in a timely manner. Participate in root-cause analysis and FMEA, interface and collaborate with various development functions to solve a wide range of difficult scientific and operational problems.
- Work with external suppliers to resolve raw material quality issues.
- Author, update or review validation test plans & data summary, production and QC procedures. Setup change control/infrastructure. Train manufacturing personnel.
- Present ongoing scientific/technical work at internal/departmental seminars and trainings.
- Master's, PhD degree in Biochemistry, Molecular or related scientific fields.
- Minimum of 6+ year's relevant industry experience.
- Experience in molecular biology reagent manufacturing processes or in a food safety lab would be a plus.
- Experience in Lean Six Sigma & DOE tools and statistical analysis preferred.
- Take initiative, ownership and personal accountability for results.
- Comfortable multi-tasking to accommodate tight schedules if needed.
- Able to apply scientific training to solve manufacturing and operational issues.
- Working knowledge of and application of good manufacturing theories and practices.
- Ability to work effectively and build relationships through inter-organization collaborations.
- Great organization and communication skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including writing of scientific and technical reports and presentations.
- Experience with ERP system - SAP preferred.
Due to the higher threat of more infectious and deadly COVID-19 variant strains emerging, Bio-Rad recently announced a new mandatory vaccination policy requiring its US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Bio-Rad will make reasonable accommodations for valid exemptions based on disability, medical, or religious reasons. With this policy, Bio-Rad joins a growing list of companies that are prioritizing sound science and available facts to best ensure the ongoing safety of its employees and the community.
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply on company site" button.