Position: Regional EH&S Manager
- Reporting to the Director of EH&S of a provider of dry-bulk transportation, packaging, distribution and logistics solutions to numerous multinational companies within the chemical and plastic industries. They provide a comprehensive suite of services including over-the-road transportation, trans-loading, packaging, warehousing and end-to-end outsourced transportation management through a nationwide network of 28 facilities, a combination of company-owned equipment and owner operators and a non-asset-based transportation management division.The Regional EH&S Manager -
will serve as the regional manager assisting the EH&S Director and Corporate Compliance Manager with all governmental, industry, and customer environmental, health, safety and security issues for their designated facility locations.Job Requirements:Background Required:
- Supervisory level experience in environmental and/or safety compliance (10 yrs.)
- In depth knowledge of federal, state, and local laws including regulations from OSHA, EPA, and NFPA
- Transportation (preferably trucking) of liquid chemicals
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Superior interpersonal skills, ability to get along with diverse personalities, interact tactfully and practice flexibility
- Travel 50%
- Transportation Software i.e.(TMW, Qualcomm)
- Computer literate: Microsoft suite (i.e. Excel, Word)
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Location: Midwest, USA
- Ensure EHS compliance, including but not limited to monitoring and assisting with air, waste, and water and complying with permits where applicable;
- Help implement and maintain a comprehensive management system to address all EHS and security issues applicable to their designated facility locations;
- Assist in maintaining an internal audit system at their designated facility locations to assure conformity to company and regulatory EHSS required programs, including required training under OSHA, EPA, NFPA, FDA and other regulations as applicable;
- Assist with implementation and conformance with the Responsible Care Program and responsibilities;
- Assist in implementation and maintaining compliance with required mandatory regulatory programs and plans including but not limited to: emergency response plans, mandatory OSHA written programs, spill and pollution prevention plans including SWPPP, BMP, and SPCC Plans, FDA registrations and plans, and provide on-site training where required;
- Assist with environmental, health, safety and security initiatives at the designated facility locations;
- Provide support for the Director of EHS including EPA, OSHA, FDA, Responsible Care, and NFPA compliance, risk management, training, job hazard analysis, internal audits, emergency response plans, communications, and other similar support areas.
- Ensure site leadership and Associates are trained and knowledgeable of their responsibilities under each policy. Audit the quality, delivery (including qualifications of the trainer), and effectiveness of all required safety training.
- Measure and analyze sites' performance against published requirements in environmental, health and safety policies. For all deficiencies, identify a plan for the site to implement and fix all identified deficiencies
- Conduct environmental, health and safety risk assessments and audits as necessary
- Facilitate root cause analyses for all environmental, health and safety incidents and recommend appropriate corrective actions for network implementation.