As an EHS Manager, you will make sure that different workplaces meet safety and health requirements and then apply corrective measures as and when necessary. You will be site-based working with the on-site employees to ensure all OSHA standards are followed. You create and implement programs such as company policies, safety rules, inspect working environments, identify hazards, make safety recommendations, investigate in cases of incidents/accidents, and implement post-injury follow-up procedures for workers.
You will be working at a construction facility for a new data center build and might have to be in a construction trailer environment and at times working in the office facility.
* Inspecting and evaluating the work environment, processes, to ensure compliance with OSHA (local EHS) regulations and standards.
* Recommending changes to protect and educate workers on how to prevent health problems through the use of safety training programs.
* Reviewing and investigating accidents reports to identify root causes and find ways to prevent them in the future.
* Conducting project inspections, determining unsafe conditions, conducts weekly safety meetings at customer sites.
* Building a working relationship with General Contractors to ensure all safety measures are working properly.
* Maintaining day-to-day oversight of safety programs and compliance.
* Ensuring local standards and regulations are observed.
* Reviewing new standards, rules, and regulations to determine relevancy to the company's operations.
* Documenting and Communicating all RCAs, proactive prevention measures, training logs, KPIs, and reporting for both internal and client sharing requirements
* Your main goal is to protect the employees, customers, and the environment.
* Ability to detect and solve problems effectively.
* IOSH and NEBOSH qualifications or equivalent, or five (5) years of equivalent training and experience that provides a comprehensive understanding of occupational safety and health principles and practices may be substituted for a degree
* Proven track record of working in EH&S.
* Solid understanding of EHS, Worker's Compensation regulations
* Ability to provide leadership and education at all levels
* Demonstrated ability to operate autonomously in safety environment and be an active resource for assigned team
* Strong influencer and communicator
* Strong ability to work in changing environment, see through complexity
* Ability to be effective in a highly matrixed environment, to effectively communicate with and influence all levels of the organization and drive change
* Demonstrated successful experience in working in a demanding, high-performance work environment and team-oriented culture
* Must be able to think and act strategically, but also be willing to "roll-up sleeves" for all safety functions
* Customer-focused and a team player
* Self-motivated with a great attitude
What's in it for You?
Joining Black Box means you'll have the opportunity to work on exciting, highly visible projects with our customers. You'll get to know large and small organizations across the world and work to deliver best in class IT solutions. You'll be rewarded with a variety of experiences, development opportunities and exposure to some of the world's most admired companies. In addition to these rewarding experiences, you'll have access to our comprehensive Total Rewards Program. Our program continues to evolve to meet the needs of our dynamic workforce by providing a variety of benefits which are applicable and competitive for each country & region.
About Black Box
Black Box® is the trusted global solutions integrator and digital technology partner. With nearly 45 years of experience connecting people and devices, we are an organization of top technical professionals dedicated to delivering solutions and services that help organizations design, build, manage, and secure their communications and IT infrastructure and networks. Technologies include 5G/OnGo, connected buildings, digital workplace, multisite deployments, data centers, and IoT.
We also design and manufacture award-winning products for Pro AV, KVM, cabling, and networking known for their advanced functionality, flawless performance, outstanding reliability and fail-safe security. We deliver high-value technology services and products through our values, such as innovation, ownership, transparency, respect and open-mindedness combined with our global presence and 2,500+ team members in 24 countries and growing. Black Box is a wholly-owned subsidiary of AGC Networks.
Black Box is an equal opportunity employer. Black Box does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, sexual identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status, and endorses those policies and practices which seek to recruit, hire, train and promote the most qualified persons into available jobs.