US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION: Yes
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE: Relocation assistance may be available
CLEARANCE TYPE: None
Join Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push the boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing real-life solutions to our world's biggest challenges. We take pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Sector, Space Components Division, has an opening for a Manager Environmental Health & Safety 1
to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Commerce, California.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Developing and maintaining programs to ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state and local, health and safety laws and regulations and conformance to company, customer and health and safety management systems requirements.
- Maintain awareness of current and proposed standards with potential impact to ESHM programs and site operations. Operate in the most efficient manner employing common/best practices.
- Provide day-to-day direction to Health & Safety staff with a focus on employee engagement, continuous improvement and building a cohesive, semi-autonomous team of highly skilled subject matter experts.
- Interface with external agencies, site and sector leadership, Corporate Environmental Health and Safety, other Northrop Grumman enterprise sites, and key organizations such as Legal, Facilities, Manufacturing and Engineering to ensure compliance and mitigation of risks.
- Host agency, customer and internal audits and ensure timely tracking and completion of any corrective actions.
- Assisting in planning for changes in physical facilities to meet new EHS requirements.
- Innovating and executing concepts to instill a safety-minded culture.
- Manages Health & Safety programs and staff
- Integrates Safety and Health management systems into site operations.
- Fosters teamwork and a collaborative, work-friendly environment with ESHM staff, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Support site security personnel requirements
- Support the facilities department with various activities as required
- Identifies opportunities for process improvement and cost reduction
- Bachelor's Degree & 5 years of related experience, OR a Master's Degree & 3 years of related experience
- Experience using Microsoft Office applications, specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with the health and safety aspects of a manufacturing site
- Bachelor's Degree in Environmental, Health, Safety, Engineering, Business Administration or similar
- Demonstrated ability to independently prioritize, plan and execute in a rapidly changing, fast-paced environment while maintaining high quality results
- Experience leading or managing an EHS team
- Experience in facilities management
- Ability to obtain security clearance and support security personnel requirements
- Strong management, coaching, and collaboration skills
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work independently, multi-task with strong facilitation skills
- Experience with managing the environmental, health and safety aspects of a large manufacturing site, preferably Aerospace
- Experience in designing and successfully implementing safety management systems such as ISO 45001, Human and Organizational Performance programs, and Behavioral Safety programs to build a High-Reliability Organization
Salary Range: $96,900.00 - $145,300.00
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay . Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.