Seeking an experienced microbiologist for a fast-paced, Temp-to-hire opening located in Burbank, CA. Responsibilities:
- Study the growth, characteristics and effects of bacteria and other microorganisms to better understand their relation to human, plant and animal health.
- Perform API strips troubleshoot issues and concerns regarding cross-contamination
- Adapt and understand the procedures from CTFA, AOAC and others as needed.
- Perform Total Plate Counts, Enrichments, Preservative Effectiveness Testing, raw material testing, bulk testing, water testing and other tests.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
For Immediate Consideration, Apply Today!
- Must have a B.S. in Microbiology
- Experience performing microbial testing on pharmaceutical, cosmetic and nutritional raw materials, water samples, bulk finished products.
- Example of these tests are: Total Plate Count TPC , Yeast Mold, Enrichments and Preservative Effectiveness Testing PET .
- At minimum, 2 or more years of microbiological testing experience in the cosmetic, nutritional or pharmaceutical industries.
- Knowledge of current CTFA/PCPC, AOAC and other industry standard methods and procedures.
- Understanding of pharmaceutical, cosmetic and nutritional microbiology.
- Understanding and knowledge of the European, United States, Japanese and other Pharmacopeias.
- Computer literate. Be able to work with Microsoft programs, search engines, basic spreadsheets, etc.
- Able to handle multiple tasks and work in a fast paced environment.
- Able to adapt to changes to improve company process.
- May assist in overseeing work performed by Microbiology Technician.
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests-it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits?). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.