A growing biopharmaceutical company based in the Bay Area is looking to add a talented and curious Research Associate to its Discovery Biology team. The client is focused on developing therapeutics to combat diseases which attack the muscle, thereby improving the lives of those with these diseases. The client is moving into a new facility later this year to support its growth and hopes to commercialize its first product by end of year.
The Discovery Research Associate will work within the R&D team to develop novel compounds which will serve to become potential drug candidates for neuromuscular and cardiovascular diseases.
The Research Associate will be responsible for:
* Perform cell culture maintenance
* Perform biochemical and cell-based assays to evaluate potential drug candidates
* Develop and perform assays to understand mechanism of molecules and lead optimization
* Perform data analysis tasks such as analyzing large datasets, generate result reports, and report results to stakeholders
* Work collaboratively within a team to identify, characterize, and advance compounds for preclinical research efforts
The ideal Research Associate will have:
* A BS or MS in biochemistry, cell or molecular biology, physiology, or related field with a minimum of 1-2 years of research experience in an academic, or industry setting
* Experience with cell culturing and cell culture maintenance
* Some experience with biochemical and/or cell based assay development
* Some hands-on experience with flow cytometry, plate reading, microscopy, and assessment of mitochondrial function
The client is growing quickly and has an urgent need to fill role on their Discovery Biology team, so if this role is a good fit don't hesitate to apply TODAY!