Overview / Responsibilities
Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Specialist
Duties: The EHS specialist will be based on-site at a client HQ Campus in Plano, TX. The EHS specialist will be fully dedicated to the client and provide EHS and related support to the HQ campus, other nearby client locations in the Dallas Metroplex, and occasionally travel to client locations in the western U.S. as needed. This is a full-time position - 5 days/40 hours per week (Monday - Friday). The EHS specialist will report directly to client personnel and perform a wide variety of EHS-related tasks, as directed by the client.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a working knowledge of environmental and safety topics and practices applicable in both an administrative campus and manufacturing setting. Knowledge and experience with ergonomics is a plus.
EHS Tasks to be performed include, but are not limited to, the following:
- EHS Implementation and Support in Non-Office Spaces;
- EHS Support at a small corporate airfield;
- Routine EHS Communications and Messaging;
- Maintain OSHA logs, lost time reporting, monthly hours;
- AED & First Aid Kit Maintenance/Inspections;
- Manage campus hazardous & electronic waste;
- Coordinate and conduct routine walkthrough of facility (Campus + nearby facilities);
- Manage Incident Reporting & EHS Concerns
- Hot Work Training & permit issuance;
- Support for Radiation Safety Officer:
- Manage client process for approving new chemicals for use on-site;
- Coordinate and facilitate EHS Committee meetings (all Campus + TQC)
- Contractor Work Permit Management
- Coordinate facility emergency preparedness drills
- SPCC plan training, monthly SPCC inspections, support/advise on-campus spill response
- Contractor construction project safety meetings
- Support IH investigations
- Annual Tier II & Hazardous Waste Summary Reporting
- Flammable Cabinet Inspections
- Coordinate / attend internal annual safety courses
- Update client internal EHS documents as required
- Others as directed by the client.
Skills / Qualifications
- B.A. / B.S. in safety, environmental management, or related scientific or technical field such as biology, chemistry, or engineering.
- 5-10 years of direct experience in environmental, health & safety management.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, ability to interact with multiple layers of an organization
- Well-developed planning and organizational skills including the ability to work independently, prioritize activities, meet commitments, and proactively manage time.
- Knowledgeable in basic IH practices and ergonomic assessments.
- Strong understanding of safety and environmental risks found in a manufacturing facility
- Basic knowledge of Intelex
- Basic knowledge of OSHA regulatory requirements
- Able to handle difficult conversations with regulators and coworkers with professionalism.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.