Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them.
*Location/Division Specific Information:*
• South San Francisco, CA.
• Genetic Sciences Division
*How will you make an impact?*
The Genetic Testing Solutions group is dedicated to the development of molecular tests to improve global health outcomes. This role will be responsible for directing a team to develop and commercialize products for both research and clinical applications in a variety of disease areas on Thermo Fisher genetic analysis platforms.
This is an opportunity for a highly motivated leader to work in a fast-paced environment The ideal candidate will be passionate leader with a focus on teamwork, quality, and meeting customer needs. The successful candidate will incorporate IVD and molecular biology experience to develop robust and innovative diagnostics that make an impact on world health.
*What will you do?*
• Create a culture to drive innovation across the workflow, particularly in the area of sample-to-answer analysis.
• Build and lead a team developing molecular assays for research and diagnostic use across a wide variety of different disease areas and analysis platforms.
• Grow knowledge and expertise in key disease applications.
• Ensure projects meet timelines, identify and remove roadblocks to team success.
• Manage relationships and alignment with internal and external partners.
• Provide assessment of competitive technologies and help evaluate strategic partnership opportunities.
• Actively participate as a member of cross-functional product development teams.
• Drive continuous process improvement.
*How will you get here?
• PhD in Molecular Biology / Genetics / Biochemistry / Bioengineering with minimum 10 yrs of proven experience.
• Team management and team leadership experience.
• Demonstrated ability to operate under tight timelines.
• Strong technical expertise in qPCR assay design and validation.
• Experience in clinical product development preferred.
• Demonstrates passion for problem solving and outside-the-box thinking
• Strong communication and presentation skills are essential
• Must be highly collaborative; enjoys working in a diverse team and contributes to a positive work environment
• Self-motivated, independent, proactive, organized, diligent, and flexible
Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit [www.thermofisher.com](http://www.thermofisher.com/).
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.