Kelly® Science & Clinical is seeking Molecular Biologist professionals who are eager to bring the latest scientific discoveries to life in order to create a brighter, safer and healthier future for all. If you're passionate about shaping the world we live in and ready for a new challenge, this may be the perfect opportunity for you.
The Molecular Biologist will research and study cellular molecules and organelles to understand cell function and organization. Responsibilities:
- Supervises technical staff and postdoctoral research fellows.
- Directs, coordinates, organizes, and prioritizes biological laboratory activities.
- Instructs undergraduate and graduate students of cellular and molecular biology.
- Provides scientific direction for project teams regarding the evaluation or handling of devices, drugs, or cells for in vitro and in vivo disease models.
- Designs molecular or cellular laboratory experiments, oversees their execution, and interprets results. Maintains accurate laboratory records and data.
- Conducts research on cell organization and function, including mechanisms of gene expression, cellular bioinformatics, cell signaling, or cell differentiation.
- Performs laboratory procedures following protocols including deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) sequencing, cloning and extraction, ribonucleic acid (RNA) purification, or gel electrophoresis.
- Prepares reports, manuscripts, and presentations.
- Monitors or operates specialized equipment such as gas chromatographs and high-pressure liquid chromatographs, electrophoresis units, thermocyclers, fluorescence activated cell sorters, and phosphor-imagers.
- Develops assays that monitor cell characteristics.
- Coordinates molecular or cellular research activities with scientists specializing in other fields. Evaluates new technologies to enhance or complement current research.
- Develops guidelines for procedures such as the management of viruses.
- Verifies that financial, physical, and human resources assigned to research or development projects are used as planned.
- Bachelor's degree in biology or a related field required. Master's degree preferred.
- Five years of related experience required.
- General knowledge of biology and scientific research methods.
- Strong critical thinking and evaluative skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage research projects.
- Experience with CRISPR/experience with transfection and transduction.
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests-it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits?). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.