48,000 people. 49 countries. Over 120 office locations.
We're not just engineers. We're a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet's toughest issues. Climate change. The energy transition. Digital transformation. And how we can deliver a more sustainable world.?
Whatever your ambition, there's a path for you here. And there's no barrier to your potential career success. For more information, visit Worley.com
Seeking a Consultant to work within our Hydrogen Economy practice which is part of our larger Low Carbon team. The candidate will be a member of the team providing strategic consulting services focused predominantly on projects and clients involved in the Hydrogen economy but can have exposure to all sectors within the Low Carbon team as well as across the entire Advisian ECR team. The role provides opportunities to tailor services to suit a diverse set of clients, working to deliver services, participating in business development, and to be a key member of the practice.
The candidate will demonstrate extensive knowledge of more than one of the following activities, especially related to Hydrogen economy technology or processes.
General experience with these activities for any process industry is a plus:
- Techno-economic feasibility studies
- Project implementation and monitoring
- Site Configuration
- Hydrogen Economy related technology and/or operations
- Capital investments
All of the above will include learning and adaption of our proprietary models for support of and execution of our studies.
Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities:
- Proactively provide support and assistance to the following tasks:
- Feasibility studies for major greenfield / brownfield refinery / petrochemical investments;
- Sustainability and energy transition projects across the downstream sector, including biofuels and hydrogen;
- Consulting services during all phases of an engagement, including benchmarking, gap analysis, solution identification, justification, prioritization, ranking, implementation and close out;
- Assistance to specialist teams with lenders advisory activities;
- Support our single-client market services offering;
- Assist with teams marketing and business development activities for consulting services and support the growth of the business.
The candidate must demonstrate competency and experience in the following:
- History of Successful Project / Study Management;
- Specific, in-depth experience with renewable and/or conventional hydrogen production technologies.
- Excellent communication skills including ability to produce concise reports and presentations appropriate for all levels.
- Able to work within a 'sell-do' model.
- Strong self-starter and motivated to succeed.
- Practical consulting experience - including scoping, selling and delivery.
- Experience with a range of processing technologies.
- Confidence to work at all levels of a client organization.
- Support the preparation of proposals, execution plans and budgets.
- Supports a continuous improvement culture and identifies gaps, develops work processes, tools and methodologies to drive productivity and growth.
The candidate should ideally also be able to demonstrate experience in one or more of the following services areas:
- Feasibility and configuration studies
- Process understanding and concept modelling skillset
- Industry competitiveness/awareness,
- Technology vendors/licensors, evaluation and selection
- Hydrogen Economy asset operations,
- Financial analysis,
- Technical due diligence.
- Chemical Engineering degree or similar with >5 years of professional experience in Hydrogen generation design and/or production or in a closely related field such as industrial gas handling or electrolytic gas production.
- Direct sales and business development experience,
- Willingness to travel for short-duration business trips.
- Excellent communication skills: the ability to listen to clients and understand what they need.
- Ability to think outside the box in order to provide efficient and effective solutions to our clients
- Excellent writing skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively to execute multiple projects on schedule.
What we offer you
Providing an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us.
If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with Worley.